ModPagespeedFilters=extend_cache creating issue

chirag sejpal

Mar 10, 2015, 3:32:49 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
 Dear All,

ModPagespeedFilters = extend_cache is creating issue on my website http://higheredublog.com

Could you please look at the issue ?

Thanks

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 10, 2015, 7:46:23 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
When I load your site with pagespeed on vs off I notice two things:

1) Your ad is broken with pagespeed on.
2) Your image of RIT is cropped shorter with pagespeed on.

Are these the issues you noticed, or is there anything else?

For the ad, I see:

<script async=""
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js.pagespeed.jm.Ju9QIsNNlL.js"></script>

This is wrong, because pagead2.googlesyndication.com isn't running
PageSpeed and so won't know how to handle a request for
adsbygoogle.js.pagespeed.jm.Ju9QIsNNlL.js when it's expecting
adsbygoogle.js.

The issue with the RIT image is similar; you're rewriting resources on
i0.wp.com [1].

Did you set "Domain *" in your PageSpeed configuration? Rewriting
resources on other people's domains isn't something PageSpeed does by
default, because it doesn't work. If you do have "Domain *" in your
configuration, could you remove it?

[1] I would expect this to fail, but apparently wp.com is doing
something fancy to take the best match and show something?

chirag sejpal

Mar 10, 2015, 9:15:55 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I had disabled two ad's image as this was the main thing I saw first. I have enabled it again. Please revisit the website and you will be able to see two images broken!

1. Below menu
2. Top right in Sidebar

And as you have noted

1. Google ad is broken! How do I fix this? Also if you go into any post, and you scroll down there will a google ads div before the comment section. It is having the same issue I guess.
2. It is not cropped at all. The original size is 600*400 it is displaying as it is. It should display 600*270!

And regarding your suggestion "Domain *" I'm not sure how do I do that! As my website is hosted on shared server, I am not able to change anything in the pagespeed.conf as I don't have the access to main server.

chirag sejpal

Mar 10, 2015, 9:18:20 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

I apparently just enabled the PageSpeed Module on my Bigrock's cPanel. It has all the default setting I guess as it didn't ask me to change any setting!

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 10, 2015, 9:23:43 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I still see urls like
http://static.shareasale.com/image/44214/728x90xAffiliateBanners-03_00.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PFI-WHwrEj.jpg
which really sounds like the config contains "ModPagespeedDomain *"

How did you turn PageSpeed on? Did you ask your hosting provider to
or use an .htaccess file? It looks like it's misconfigured to rewrite
files on domains it doesn't control, which isn't going to work.
>> > email to mod-pagespeed-di...@googlegroups.com.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/57fe858f-8a73-454b-adb6-0697e10d69ae%40googlegroups.com.

chirag sejpal

Mar 10, 2015, 9:39:41 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

There was an option to PageSpeed in my cPanel! I just turned it on that's it!

Should I ask them to remove "Domain *" ? where will this code be located? pagespeed.conf ?

>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/3fbc2e68-3ac6-4894-a7d7-35d69e8f073c%40googlegroups.com.

Jeff Kaufman

Mar 10, 2015, 9:46:51 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
It sounds like Bigrock might have a mistake in their default PageSpeed
configuration.

Perhaps you could send a message to your support contact there, and cc
jef...@google.com, and we can work this out?

>> > --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/986df5f3-548d-4022-988b-afca9033a360%40googlegroups.com.

chirag sejpal

Mar 10, 2015, 9:55:36 AM3/10/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

Alright I will do that!

Thanks :)

>> > --
>> > an
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/57fe858f-8a73-454b-adb6-0697e10d69ae%40googlegroups.com.

chirag sejpal

Mar 11, 2015, 2:33:54 AM3/11/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,

The support team has raised the ticket on my behalf and has kept you in CC.

They should follow up with you!

Thanks,
Chirag