Question about file names

Dave Reeder

May 7, 2015, 8:28:11 AM5/7/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've noticed the page speed module changes file names.  I assume this doesn't affect the SEO of the site (other than to speed up the site and potentially help rankings)?

Many thanks

Dave

Jeff Kaufman

May 7, 2015, 9:58:16 AM5/7/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
PageSpeed changes file names to include a hash of the content in the
url, which makes it so PageSpeed can serve files with a very long
cache lifetime. This dramatically speeds up repeat views of pages.

While PageSpeed development is hosted Google, the details of search
rankings are restricted within the company and so I don't know any
more than you about possible ranking effects.