[Pagespeed] Uptream nginx and proxy_pass

Thach Nguyen

Jun 18, 2017, 6:12:14 PM6/18/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello everyone,

I have a problem about pagespeed, can you help me, please?
I installed nginx with module pagespeed on LoadBalance01(uptream):
"curl -I https://www.example.com/company/abc |grep X-Page-Speed
I created path cache : /data/nginx/ngx_pagespeed_cache
Firstly, pagespeed acts very well. I backup these configuration files, copy to Loadblance02(this server similar to Loadbalance01). Loadbalance01 sometime compress images, but usually, it gets images with 4k size. On LoadBalance01, then i clear cache (rm -rf nginx/ngx_pagespeed_cache/*), now it the same LoadBalance01. I don't understand this problem. Please help me.
Screenshot 2017-06-19 05.11.22.png

Otto van der Schaaf

Jun 19, 2017, 7:54:39 AM6/19/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
To flush mod_pagespeed's caches, rm'ing the directory is not the way to do it. See https://modpagespeed.com/doc/system#flush_cache

To help you best, it would be great to have some more information:
- Are the 4k images corrupt? Or are they just not optimized?
- Can you post the configuration files (anonymized if needed)?
- It looks like the servers with ngx_pagespeed running behind a load balancer?
    - Is https terminated at the load balancer?
    - Does the module work correctly when you query the servers directly?

Otto