Is it possible to configure mod_pagespeed to apache 2.4.12 with custom location

smallcapvaluefind

Oct 18, 2016, 11:05:16 AM10/18/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Have few doubts, any clarification is great help for me.

1. Currently i compiled(not by RPM installation but through TAR file) and copied apache2.4.12 to a custom directory in my linux box.
    is it possible to install mod_pagespeed to the current custom apache directory either through RPM or the other way.

2. how to read mod_pagespeed configuration details from my httpd.conf file

smallcapvaluefind

Oct 18, 2016, 11:54:44 AM10/18/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I copied the mod_pagespeed_ap24.so to my apache/modules folder.
Copied the pagespeed.conf to apache/conf directory.
load module in httpd.conf of apache/conf directory.

While starting the server getting an exception as follows.
mod_pagespeed is enabled. FileCachePath must not be empty: defn_name=(null) defn_line_number=0 server_hostname=xxx.com port=0 AH00016: Configuration failed

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 18, 2016, 12:30:43 PM10/18/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Could you try setting the FileCachePath in your apache config?

ModPagespeedFileCachePath /var/cache/mod_pagespeed

I think what's going on is you didn't get our default configuration.
If you'd like to use the default config, you can start with
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/blob/33/install/common/pagespeed.conf.template
and manually replace the @@FOO@@ variables.

smallcapvaluefind

Oct 19, 2016, 2:41:51 AM10/19/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Tried this option, getting the same error.
Is there configuration needs to be fine tuned.

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 19, 2016, 8:28:36 AM10/19/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Can you paste your Apache config?
>> > email to mod-pagespeed-di...@googlegroups.com.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/1c4ed022-c733-4f64-af23-d410c42f8db7%40googlegroups.com.

smallcapvaluefind

Oct 20, 2016, 6:28:35 AM10/20/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
this is my apache file.

>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/d5596b52-fa63-4b66-b65f-688c312056cf%40googlegroups.com.

> --
control.file

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 24, 2016, 11:32:31 AM10/24/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
And also setting "ModPagespeedInheritVHostConfig on" at the top level
of your config?

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Jeff Kaufman <jef...@google.com> wrote:
> Could you try moving the ModPagespeedFileCachePath line out of the
> VirtualHost block, to the top level?

>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/ea667966-2e69-42af-889f-f781dceb59cd%40googlegroups.com.

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 24, 2016, 11:39:53 AM10/24/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Could you try moving the ModPagespeedFileCachePath line out of the
VirtualHost block, to the top level?