huge disk wait time

comfortpony

Mar 8, 2017, 8:08:01 PM3/8/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I've been fighting with a huge waittime on my disks for the last few days & just an hour agao stumbled across disabling the modpagespeed mod in apache 2.4 my wait time went from 100% to very little.

Anyone else?

Joshua Marantz

Mar 8, 2017, 8:18:36 PM3/8/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
That doesn't happen on most mod_pagespeed sites.  If you think the module could add some value for your site, then perhaps it is worth tweaking some settings to tune it for your workload.

Can you describe more about your workload?  Qps?  Size of site overall?   What hw is your server running on?

What version of MPS?  What does your config look like?

Probably a slow disk means you are thrashing the MPS file cache and you might be able to fix that with config changes.  If you share more we can make more specific recommendations.

Josh