Waiting for completion of URL

Jeff Kaufman

Jul 24, 2015, 2:57:55 PM7/24/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Have you seen "Waiting for completion of URL" messages in your logs?  We've been receiving reports of these messages accompanied by a thread leak, and we have a mitigation.  Specifically, we have a draft release 1.9.32.5 which:

* Turns the problem from a (very bad) rare thread leak into a (still not great) rare memory leak.
* Logs additional debugging information when it happens.

If you've run into this problem it would be very helpful if you could try 1.9.32.5 and report back to us if you have issues.  We haven't been able to elicit the bug in our own testing, so please let us know if you're able to reproduce this.  Specifically, let us know if you see either of the following in your logs with 1.9.32.5:

* Abandoned url [URL] after [N] sec ...
* Write/Flush/HeadersComplete for url [URL] received after being abandoned for timing out.

https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/issues/1048