Uninstall mod_pagespeed on Cpanel server

Matt Stevenson

Apr 3, 2017, 9:19:19 AM4/3/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hey there

I notice when looking at the search console on one of our sites I getting this file appear.

On doing some research I wonder if its linked to mod_pagespeed or not ?

The host server has mod_pagespeed installed and not an active module in easy Apache.

Please can you help with :

1) What is becon.js is it linked in anyway to mod_pagespeed ?

2) How to check the version of mod_pagespeed ?

3) How to remove deactivate and remove mod_pagespeed ?

Kind Regards

Matt

Joshua Marantz

Apr 3, 2017, 9:26:14 AM4/3/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
From the content, it looks like this is related to comScore (https://www.comscore.com/)

1) not linked to mod_pagespeed. mod_pagespeed does send beacons back to your own server (not to a central server), and that's not what they are called. mod_pagespeed's beacons are just to help optimize the site based on behavior in real browsers.
2) wget -S YOURSITE | grep X-Mod-Pagespeed
3) Deactivate: "ModPagespeed unplugged" in your config.
Uninstall: sudo apt-get remove mod_pagespeed

Hope this helps!