Error in Page speed upgrade

Shanky D

Jan 28, 2015, 9:14:10 AM1/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I ran "gclient sync --force --jobs=1" for upgrading pagespeed thru source. It is giving the error.  See the last line of error, but I c&p the last few lines to show the warning messages. I believe that is irrelevant but still.

Server : Ubuntu
MPS version: 1.8.31.4-4058 (first installed version is stable from months )

________ running 'svn update /opt/mod_pagespeed/src/tools/gyp --revision 1860 --force --accept theirs-conflict --ignore-externals' in '/opt/mod_pagespeed'

svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale

svn: warning: environment variable LC_CTYPE is UTF-8

svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct

At revision 1860.

Syncing projects: 100% (43/43), done.

________ running '/usr/bin/python src/tools/clang/scripts/update.py --mac-only' in '/opt/mod_pagespeed'

________ running '/usr/bin/python src/build/gyp_chromium -Dchromium_revision=256281' in '/opt/mod_pagespeed'

Updating projects from gyp files...

svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale

svn: warning: environment variable LC_CTYPE is UTF-8

svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct

gyp: Call to '../build/lastchange.sh .. -d ../LASTCHANGE.in | cut -d "=" -f 2' returned exit status 0.

Error: Command /usr/bin/python src/build/gyp_chromium -Dchromium_revision=256281 returned non-zero exit status 1 in /opt/mod_pagespeed

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
======================
This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient's and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

Jeff Kaufman

Jan 28, 2015, 9:25:57 AM1/28/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Can you try just starting over with a new build directory?

Shanky D

Jan 28, 2015, 10:01:11 AM1/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I believe you are referring to new installation right? Please confirm

Shanky D

Jan 28, 2015, 10:14:19 AM1/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
How can I suppress "Running depot tools as root is sad." error ?

CMD executed :  gclient config http://modpagespeed.googlecode.com/svn/branches/latest-beta/src

Initial installation was thru the root, I have to install again thru root.

Jeffrey Crowell

Jan 28, 2015, 10:37:43 AM1/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
You should not have to run gclient tools as root.
If you are trying to build a .deb for ubuntu, you should not ever need to get root until after you already have finished building the package.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/1e28694d-fc54-4655-8ff5-314d806b7007%40googlegroups.com.

Shanky D

Jan 29, 2015, 12:26:21 AM1/29/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Ya, you point is valid. I did by changing the owner. It works fine with new installation

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE