Should I install mod pagespeed If I already score 100/100 on PageSpeed Insights

Zack

Nov 13, 2016, 4:14:06 AM11/13/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
My question is pretty simple really.
I already score 100 for Mobile and 100 for Desktop on PageSpeed Insights.
Gtmetrix scores 100% for page speed and 97% for Yslow.
Pingdom is 100%.

Am I going to get speed increase if I install mod page speed?
I am using plugins like W3 Total Cache etc, to get these scores. Is mode page speed going load my site faster while still getting 100% on all scores?
I am using wordpress and on a 1gb ram 30gb  ssd VPS. I also use cloudfront amazon for CDN.

Joshua Marantz

Nov 13, 2016, 8:12:26 AM11/13/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
mod_pagespeed does a few optimizations that PgeSpeed Insights does not require, such as inlining small images, and transcoding them to webp for compatible browsers (Chrome & Opera), and downscaling all images on mobile-devices, and even further when the Save-Data header is sent from the browser.

-Josh

Zack

Nov 14, 2016, 10:55:22 AM11/14/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss