Using RAM (tmpfs) for a pagespeed cache and CSF/LFD warnings

Zodiac W.

Nov 20, 2017, 3:18:02 PM11/20/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,
I have a server with a 128GB of RAM and SSD disks and I decided to use tmpfs (RAM) for pagespeed cache. I am trying to save SSDs from wearing.

I did as instructed here and added "noexec,nosuid,nodev" for a higher security

Everything is working fine, but now I am receiveing warning emails from CSF/LFD firewall every couple of seconds.

Example:
lfd on my.server.com: Suspicious File Alert

Time:   Mon Nov 20 21:07:17 2017
Reason: Script, file extension
Owner:  nobody:nobody (99:99)
Action: Moved into /var/lib/csf/suspicious.tar

99% of these warnings are regarding different-domains.com/wp-login.php
None of those domains has WordPress and there is no wp-login.php file
I can see wp-login.php files in the pagespeed cache directory.

Before I was using cache directory on the SSD and there were no warnings, but I guess that's because CSF/LFD is watching /tmp folder, or not? :)

Any advice? Should I be concerned? or just add pagespeed cache folder to CSF/LFD ignore list?

I can post wp-login.php cache file content if that will help.
Server is using CloudLinux 7, pagespeed is installed with the easyapache4.

Thanks!

Otto van der Schaaf

Nov 20, 2017, 4:46:28 PM11/20/17
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
With in-place resource optimization turned on, you may end up with cache entries that mod_pagespeed uses to remember that the url shouldn't be considered for optimization again.
It looks like an automated process is scanning your site(s) for wp-login.php, and that causes the entry the url to be marked in the cache folder.
You could consider using Disallow [1] to exclude pagespeed from considering this url, that would avoid the entries being written to the FileCache.

Otto

Message has been deleted

Zodiac W.

Nov 21, 2017, 4:13:28 PM11/21/17