Packaged source for releases?

Guillaume Rossolini

Oct 7, 2016, 8:53:12 AM10/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

It has been a while since I have built PageSpeed from source, but I am going to start doing it again.

I know there have been several ways to get the source over time; however, in my experience, the official way is prone to many network errors:

Is it possible to have a central and easy to find place to download the full source as a packaged archive? Github would work:

Thanks,

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 7, 2016, 3:29:41 PM10/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We do offer a tarball release:
https://dl.google.com/dl/linux/mod-pagespeed/tar/beta/mod-pagespeed-beta-1.11.33.4-r0.tar.bz2

Each time we do a release we post a link to the tarball on
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/issues/968

Guillaume Rossolini

Oct 7, 2016, 4:10:16 PM10/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Jeff,

Yes, but this link seems a bit hidden, or not as easy to find as both links I gave in my first message.
Plus, issue #968 doesn't mention the newest 1.11.33.4 final release (or I need glasses). Unless r0 has been flagged as the final release? I'm not exactly sure what your process is here, sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm sure a link to issue #968 would be quite sufficient in the release announcement (and/or on the documentation page, and/or the Github "releases" page).

Thanks for everything,
Best regards,

On Friday, 7 October 2016 21:29:41 UTC+2, Jeff Kaufman wrote:
We do offer a tarball release:
https://dl.google.com/dl/linux/mod-pagespeed/tar/beta/mod-pagespeed-beta-1.11.33.4-r0.tar.bz2

Each time we do a release we post a link to the tarball on
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/issues/968

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM, 'Guillaume Rossolini' via
mod-pagespeed-discuss <mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It has been a while since I have built PageSpeed from source, but I am going
> to start doing it again.
>
> I know there have been several ways to get the source over time; however, in
> my experience, the official way is prone to many network errors:
> https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/build_mod_pagespeed_from_source
>
> Is it possible to have a central and easy to find place to download the full
> source as a packaged archive? Github would work:
> https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/releases
>
> Thanks,

Steve Hill

Oct 10, 2016, 3:38:54 PM10/10/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
1.11.33.4-stable is the same as 1.11.33.4-beta. The source for 1.11.33.4 is listed in that bug.

Guillaume Rossolini

Oct 11, 2016, 3:51:06 AM10/11/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss