Send compression statistics in response - achieved via mod_pagespeed/ngx_pagespeed

vinay indoria

Feb 15, 2017, 7:39:11 AM2/15/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I have been looking at this for sometime and I am not to figure-out whether there is provision to send the stats of the compression done via ngx_pagespeed in(along with) response. If not, then what would be the right approach to go about achieving the same in some other way?

I understand that we can view the statistics by accessing the pagespeed admin statistics pages but what I am looking forward is to send some of the statistics to client. Like Original size w/o compression, Compressed size or percentage of compression achieved by pagespeed.

Thanks!

Joshua Marantz

Feb 15, 2017, 8:19:06 AM2/15/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We already have at least some of what you are looking for.  From Chrome dev tools, visiting the rewrite_images example page

241260

vinay indoria

Feb 15, 2017, 8:55:52 AM2/15/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi jmarantz,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The Info we get is on each element that has undergone some sort of compression, can we get the overall compression keeping into consideration the gzipping and other HTML/CSS/JS alteration as well! Obviously that can be calculated but just in case, if something is available already!

Also is there an online resource/link where we can get the list of headers generally set via mod_pagespeed?

vinay indoria

Mar 2, 2017, 9:20:00 AM3/2/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi jmarantz,

I have gone through many sites while nginx-pagespeed being implemented. I have seen inconsistency with the headers that you have mentioned earlier. At times(mostly) only one of the header is set, either Content-length or X-Original-Content-Length!! Do you have any idea about this?

Actually I am looking forward to gain some concrete stat's about the amount of compression being done via pagespeed! hence the effort. It would be great if you can point me towards some resource.

Thanks,
Vinay