ImagePreserveURLs Not Working Even With All Filters Disabled

Kenaz Chan

May 10, 2017, 1:03:33 PM5/10/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

I've setup a site with `mod_pagespeed` @ https://theyvc.ecpro.net . My main goal is just to compress images and it is working. However `ImagePreserveURLs` is not working and always set to false in `?PageSpeedFilters=+debug`. I understand from this thread that it will not work if we have any image resize or inline filters. However, it doesn't work even after I removed all filters. Below are my current settings:

mod_pagespeed version: 1.11.33
pagespeed.conf: All using default settings, except below:

  • ModPagespeedRewriteLevel PassThrough
  • ModPagespeedEnableFilters recompress_images
  • ModPagespeedDisableRewriteOnNoTransform off
  • ModPagespeedDomain https://static.ecpro.net
  • ModPagespeedLoadFromFile "https://static.ecpro.net" "/var/www/static/"
  • ModPagespeedImplicitCacheTtlMs 2592000000
  • ModPagespeedLoadFromFileCacheTtlMs 2592000000
  • ModPagespeedInPlaceResourceOptimization on
  • ModPagespeedImagePreserveURLs on

?PageSpeedFilters=+debug Output:
<!--
#Flush after 3102us
#Parse duration 2671us
#Render duration 3024us
#Idle duration 431us
-->
<!--
#Flush after 11654us
#Parse duration 0us
#Render duration 34us
#Idle duration 5528us
--><!--
mod_pagespeed on
Filters:
gp Convert Gif to Png
jp Convert Jpeg to Progressive
jw Convert Jpeg To Webp
db Debug
hw Flushes html
js Jpeg Subsampling
rj Recompress Jpeg
rp Recompress Png
rw Recompress Webp
cp Strip Image Color Profiles
md Strip Image Meta Data

DisableRewriteOnNoTransform (drnt) False
EnableRewriting (e) 1
ImagePreserveURLs (ipu) False
ImplicitCacheTtlMs (ict) 2592000000
InPlaceResourceOptimization (ipro) True
LoadFromFileCacheTtlMs (lfct) 2592000000
RewriteLevel (l) Pass Through
RunExperiment (fur) False
StatisticsLogging (asle) True

#NumFlushes 1
#EndDocument after 11654us
#Total Parse duration 2671us
#Total Render duration 3058us
#Total Idle duration 5959us
The following filters were disabled for this request:
SupportNoscript
-->

Thanks!

Joshua Marantz

May 10, 2017, 1:16:30 PM5/10/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
In what context is that PageSpeed fragment?  Is it in a VirtualHost matching your host?  Or a Directory sccpe?

Kenaz Chan

May 10, 2017, 8:48:49 PM5/10/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
It is in a virtual host matching my host. I am using Nginx reverse proxy + apache to host many virtual hosts. Attached are my nginx & apache virtual host files. All hosts having similar virtual host files.

Thanks.
nginx.txt
apache.txt