Google Search Console Team - mod_pagespeed version

kin.li...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2016, 5:10:39 PM3/11/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Does anyone know why Google Search Console Team might be reporting a website to be using a different mod_pagespeed version than what I'm seeing when I visit the same page?

I got the below notification, but when I go to the actual page, I can see in the header (using curl and web browser) that the site is using mod_pagespeed version 1.6. I've also checked the webservers to make sure that the right version of mod_pagespeed package is installed and only version 1.6 is installed.

"Google has detected that your site is currently running mod_pagespeed 1.2.24.1, an older version of mod_pagespeed."

Has anyone gotten this or know why it is reporting a different version than what I'm seeing and have installed? Is Google reporting this from their cache??

Thanks.

Joshua Marantz

Mar 11, 2016, 5:21:06 PM3/11/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Good question.  However, I'm glad it brought that up, because there have been several important security patches and bug fixes since 1.6 and it would be much better for you to get on the latest stable branch, which is 1.9.

Is there any particular reason why you are still on 1.6?

-Josh

kin.li...@gmail.com

Joshua Marantz

Mar 11, 2016, 6:57:23 PM3/11/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I am curious about this myself and I will check with the webmaster console team.

However you really should consider upgrading soon.  When you say you haven't tested 1.9 yet, I'm curious: what kind of testing did you do for 1.6?  Was automated or very manual?  Or are you talking about canarying live traffic?

-Josh

John Doe