Installing PageSpeed - Do I need a Developer?

Alex Catterall

Jan 30, 2017, 10:48:03 AM1/30/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

As the title really! I have a Wordpress site that I want to improve and it has been recommended that I install the PageSpeed module. I can not code at all, do I need a developer or someone else to do this for me? If so, where can I find someone?

Thanks,

AC

Joshua Marantz

Jan 30, 2017, 10:56:42 AM1/30/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
No programming is required, but you do have to be able to run wget, "sudo apt-get install", and "apachectl restart".

-Josh

Endless hair extensions Hair

Feb 16, 2017, 7:40:37 PM2/16/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi, is it possible to install this module with little code experience (if at all:) on a Prestashop website hosted by 1&1?

Thank yiu!

Otto van der Schaaf

Feb 17, 2017, 4:12:04 AM2/17/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I think the answer from Josh applies to your question as well: you have to be able to run to run wget, "sudo apt-get install", and "apachectl restart".

If you are not able to do that, you would need to contact 1&1 support to get mod_pagespeed installed.

Otto

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:40 AM Endless hair extensions Hair <proxy5...@1and1-private-registration.com> wrote:
Hi, is it possible to install this module with little code experience (if at all:) on a Prestashop website hosted by 1&1?

Thank yiu!

Fabio Fatuzzo

Mar 16, 2017, 9:26:40 AM3/16/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
My web host support (knownhost) installed it for me in my VPS apache at my request free of charge. Check with your web host provider.

Gurpartap Singh

Mar 17, 2017, 2:37:04 PM3/17/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Fabio, So my question to you is 'Do you see any difference in the page speed? Also What kind hosting do you have?
Thanks,