dedup_inlined_images filter not filling up all duplicate images

mick...@kikuta2008.com

Jul 31, 2016, 3:49:54 AM7/31/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi there,

We started using dedup_inlined_images and there are cases it doesn't fill all the images (see attached screenshot below). From what I have seen it's it happens when the page is opened in a new tab, but I couldn't reproduce it all the times.

mick...@kikuta2008.com

Jul 31, 2016, 11:47:08 AM7/31/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We recreated the problem without opening a link on new tab. This time the web developer window was on and we captured network communication.

It seems the images are requested, but not properly populated, take a look at the screenshot. Note that the console does not show any errors.

Joshua Marantz

Aug 1, 2016, 10:49:37 AM8/1/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

Mickey

Aug 2, 2016, 3:10:21 AM8/2/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

Say, any chance to release a minor version with fixes?

Including this one we have two fixes waiting for us on the git.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "mod-pagespeed-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/CAGKR%2BECe%2BGn0eVK4a36KRVLnNiuHdsoDi-a34xkwb%3DrnmpTexg%40mail.gmail.com.

Joshua Marantz

Aug 2, 2016, 8:49:06 AM8/2/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We have a tracking bug but no solution as of yet for this problem.

We are in fact trying to get a bug-fix release ready, but I don't expect it to fix dedup_inlined_images.

For now, can you disable the filter?

Mickey

Aug 3, 2016, 5:11:58 AM8/3/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

> We are in fact trying to get a bug-fix release ready

Great news :-D

> I don't expect it to fix dedup_inlined_images
Is there any chance to squeeze this fix in, or is it a serious one? I'm asking as it's reproducible on your environment which may make it easier to fix.

> For now, can you disable the filter?
If need be, yes.

This way or that, thanks for all the support. You guys are doing a great job!