MPS optimized image url is 404

Shanky D

Aug 4, 2016, 7:18:55 AM8/4/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

Hi

we are using MPS with downstream cache(varnish) . Usually after few days, particularly one or two pagespeed optimized images goes to 404, if I flush the cache then it will work fine.

I not able to fix the problem, which configuration has the problem or  which configuration can fix this? Any help will be appreciated

Details
MPS version: 1.9.32.14

Interestingly, CSS in PageSpeed=off URL is MPS optimized version. Image urls have pagespeed string and css is also minified. It is not coming from Varnish because it is showing cache as missed in header

Here is the unoptimized css url having original image urls http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/wp-content/themes/aoc2014/style.css?ver=blablabla

Is there any option MPS keeps on serving the old optimized urls, sometime cached page request keeps on sending old image/resource URLs but pagespeed urls flushed manually or due to restart? To avoid such 404

Any help will be appreciated

Otto van der Schaaf

Aug 4, 2016, 7:37:02 AM8/4/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
we are using MPS with downstream cache(varnish) . Usually after few days, particularly one or two pagespeed optimized images goes to 404, if I flush the cache then it will work fine.

Which cache do you need to flush? PageSpeed's cache or Varnish?

I not able to fix the problem, which configuration has the problem or  which configuration can fix this? Any help will be appreciated

Details

Unfortunately I get a 200/ok at the moment. Which browser do you use? Do you still get a 404?

MPS version: 1.9.32.14

Interestingly, CSS in PageSpeed=off URL is MPS optimized version. Image urls have pagespeed string and css is also minified. It is not coming from Varnish because it is showing cache as missed in header

Here is the unoptimized css url having original image urls http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/wp-content/themes/aoc2014/style.css?ver=blablabla

What may be interesting is Varnish's and Apache's access logs filtered on *bullet.png* around the time of failure. Could you post (or email) that? It would be interesting to see what is going on before the first 404's start being served.

Is there any option MPS keeps on serving the old optimized urls, sometime cached page request keeps on sending old image/resource URLs but pagespeed urls flushed manually or due to restart? To avoid such 404

Any help will be appreciated

Not that I know of, but perhaps you can hold on to them in Varnish with some VCL?

Otto