Pagespeed breaking CSS/JS

Derek Cohen

May 27, 2015, 4:43:57 PM5/27/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was previously using pagespeed service successfully and wanted to install pagespeed directly on my server.

If I set

ModPagespeed off

everything is fine

but if it's

ModPagespeed on

even if every rewriter is disabled and RewriteLevel is PassThrough

it's still rewriting all my js/css to odd characters ( ie: Ûd! á Â~ È“ßÖŒ/HÌÞ ï <ÎÛ�9‹8c‘G~úÉY›Íˆ †Äô “ ‘YN{p`ï±ï Ú&H ²%ÅmÓŒK?Èø ~ÃÄ ¼ Iì)

The debug doesn't list any rewriters and it's still doing this and breaking the pages

Any insight would be appreciated

Thanks,
-Derek

Derek Cohen

May 27, 2015, 4:44:31 PM5/27/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
To be clear, it's rewriting all the linked (external but on our domain) js/css files

Jeff Kaufman

May 28, 2015, 11:45:42 AM5/28/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Could you share a link to your site?

This sounds like an issue with either character encoding or gzip, but
I'd need to see more to tell what needs fixing.

Derek Cohen

May 28, 2015, 2:12:40 PM5/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I sent a private reply to you

Jeff Kaufman

May 29, 2015, 11:08:14 AM5/29/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Testing with a link sent offline, it looks like PageSpeed is sending
compressed content without sending the 'Content-Encoding: gzip'
header. Not sure why yet.
>> > email to mod-pagespeed-di...@googlegroups.com.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/025e126e-e1b2-4630-87ed-1e7b26af2274%40googlegroups.com.

Derek Cohen

Jun 2, 2015, 4:21:10 PM6/2/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Any ideas on this? I tried a few suggestions I found online including adding

ModPagespeedFetchWithGzip on
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE

to the config but it really hasn't seem to change anything.