not able to purge

Haresh Shahari

Apr 9, 2016, 12:21:05 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We had mod_pagespeed enabled via .htaccess

all was good until we upgraded due to the warning email,

we see the below issue;

1) We are not able to purge via the admin, we get
"
Purging not enabled: please add
  ModPagespeedEnableCachePurge on
"

Once we add the above to our .htaccess we get a 500 Internal Server Error

Joshua Marantz

Apr 9, 2016, 6:27:35 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

Can you try putting directive into your pagespeed.conf file rather than .htaccess?  There are some directives that cannot be used in .htaccess and that is one of them.

The ones that must be in your .conf file are generally indicated as such in the doc.  There ones that control rewriting features like enabling filters and changing image compression settings can be done in .htaccess.  The ones that configure the system caches usually cannot.

Josh

Haresh Shahari

Apr 9, 2016, 6:42:45 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Previously we never required :  ModPagespeedEnableCachePurge on

The below filter which used to work on .htaccess gives server error too:
ModPagespeedEnableFilters prioritize_critical_css

These errors show only after we have updated our mod_pagespeed module.

Can we access pagespeed.conf via FTP

Thanks

Harry

Joshua Marantz

Apr 9, 2016, 7:26:46 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
You still don't need ModPagespeedEnableCachePurge if you want to do full-cache purges by touching cache.flush.  That will still work.

I am not expecting your server to serve 500s in any case.  Can you check the server logs?

I'm not sure about your FTP setup.  You can probably FTP over the conf files if you login to FTP as root, but you'll need to restart the server when you update pagespeed.conf.  Are you talking about a shared hosting setup with FTP access to .htaccess files?  Or do you own the machine?

-Josh

Haresh Shahari

Apr 9, 2016, 7:33:02 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I tried to flush cache from the pagespeed console where we get options for individual or entire purge.
However we get the message:

"Purging not enabled: please add
  ModPagespeedEnableCachePurge on
"

Would be great if we can manage pagespeed from.htaccess rather than going to server level, we do use a dedicated server.

If only we could purge via the console , our issues would be solved as of now.

Trying to get somebody check the logs .

Joshua Marantz

Apr 9, 2016, 7:43:12 AM4/9/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Right.  You can use the legacy 'touch cache.flush' method without adding EnableCachePurge:

If you want to use the admin-console purging UI you need to enable it.
We did it this way precisely to make sure that no one with a system built around 'touch cache.flush' would have that break when we added the console-based purging mechanism.

In our system, some of the settings really have to be the same across an entire VirtualHost, and .htaccess files are directory-specific.

-Josh