Re: installing from source fails at MAKE

Message has been deleted

Jeff Kaufman

Aug 25, 2016, 9:49:56 AM8/25/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Could you paste the exact commands you ran?

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Greg Drinnan <greg.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> make: *** No rule to make target `mod_pagespeed_test'. Stop.
>

> following the steps to install mod_pagespeed from source on redhat/centOS
> and i get all the way down to the MAKE command and it fails with the above
> error.
>
> I could not install by RPM as my Apache was installed differently and RPM
> fails to detect httpd. (which is most frustrating - should be done now)
>
> Any ideas on how to fix would help as i've been searching the net what seems
> like forever and can't resolve this step.
>
> --
Message has been deleted

Jeffrey Crowell

Aug 26, 2016, 10:28:39 AM8/26/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Did you run the full instructions including the "gclient sync". gclient is needed to generate the required make targets.

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Greg Drinnan <greg.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure.

This block here as per the Apache instructions:

  cd ~/mod_pagespeed/src
  make AR.host=`pwd`/build/wrappers/ar.sh AR.target=`pwd`/build/wrappers/ar.sh \
      BUILDTYPE=Release mod_pagespeed_test pagespeed_automatic_test
  ./out/Release/mod_pagespeed_test
  ./out/Release/pagespeed_automatic_test

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted