pagespeed killing php sessions

Björn Jonsson

Aug 29, 2016, 8:47:18 AM8/29/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Ive been using pagespeed for a while now, when I enabled it on apache2 I noticed that my php sessions got killed after user has been idling for a while (maybe 15 minutes or something?).

If I turn off the module, the user can have active sessions / "be logged in" until the browser closes.

Is it possible to change the time it takes before it kills the session? I cant figure out what part it is that kills the session. Does it have something to do with cache optimizing?

Thanks,
Björn

Joshua Marantz

Aug 29, 2016, 10:12:38 AM8/29/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
PageSpeed does not do anything explicit with PHP.  At first when I read this I thought that it might be Apache resource management impacted by PageSpeed.  But this should not affect a user's 'logged in' state one way or the other.  Are cookies being cleared somehow?  I can't think of why PageSpeed would do that explicitly.

However, I am wondering if you are depending on Vary:Cookie in your resource responses.  If you are, PageSpeed will ignore that by default.  See https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/install#respectvary .

-Josh