avia framework and modpagespeed not compatible

serge esteves

Jun 3, 2016, 6:22:23 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

My website is on wordpress with enfold theme, a very popular theme which use avia framework.

I use modpagespeed for a couple of years without any problem but since wordpress 4.5, all animations don't run anymore.

I asked of course to theme's developper a solution but the only way is to disable completely modpagespeed

First, i try to block all avia scripts to be rewritten by modpagespeed (ModPagespeedDisallow "*avia*"), i've also disabled some filters like rewrite javascript, combine javascript, extend cache, rewrite css, but nothing works.

So i've disabled completely modpagespeed and all animations on my website run again !

Is somebody aware of this problem ? If so, someone has a solution to activate modpagespeed and resolve my problem?

some posts from theme's support:

Best

Otto van der Schaaf

Jun 3, 2016, 7:05:09 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
It is hard to pinpoint the specifics without having a chance to inspect the site while the problem is happening. But one thing you could try is clearing mod_pagespeed's caches, to force it to completely reconsider all changes after a major change to your site (via an upgrade to the backing cms).

serge esteves

Jun 3, 2016, 8:40:55 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

thanks a lot,

I'v already done that before but not carefully, i'v disabled all my filters one by one and flush cache each time, and i found the problem >> defer_javascript which was enabled before. I think it's related with jquey too that don't support defer_javascript i guess.

Anyway, my website runs smoothly with modpagespeed activated

Best

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 12:22 PM, serge esteves <serge....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My website is on wordpress with enfold theme, a very popular theme which use avia framework.

I use modpagespeed for a couple of years without any problem but since wordpress 4.5, all animations don't run anymore.

I asked of course to theme's developper a solution but the only way is to disable completely modpagespeed

First, i try to block all avia scripts to be rewritten by modpagespeed (ModPagespeedDisallow "*avia*"), i've also disabled some filters like rewrite javascript, combine javascript, extend cache, rewrite css, but nothing works.

So i've disabled completely modpagespeed and all animations on my website run again !

Is somebody aware of this problem ? If so, someone has a solution to activate modpagespeed and resolve my problem?

some posts from theme's support:

Best

Joshua Marantz

Jun 3, 2016, 8:41:07 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Also can you send your pagespeed.conf and let us know which version of mod_pagespeed is running?

If you could share your URL and leave mod_pagespeed installed but off, if we might be able to remote debug it.

Josh

Joshua Marantz

Jun 3, 2016, 8:44:39 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Sorry -- my email crossed paths with yours.  I was suspicious that defer_javascript might be involved :)

-Josh

Joshua Marantz

Jun 3, 2016, 8:46:06 AM6/3/16
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
One more thing -- would you mind posting a follow-up to http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/avia-spinning/ to indicate the problem is resolved by disabling defer_javascript, but that MPS is otherwise working with this plugin?

Thanks!
-Josh

serge esteves

Jun 3, 2016, 8:58:47 AM6/3/16