mod_pagespeed with Google Cloud CDN

Rupesh kumar

Jun 7, 2016, 1:16:07 AM6/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Team,

I have setup Google cloud HTTP/HTTPS Load balancer and it working fine. I enabled google cloud CDN features also it also caching my data through Age header. To work google cloud CDN they have some rule like cache-control: public heade should be enable etc. when i installed and configured mod_pagespeed my CDN is not working. i googled and found pagespeed cache-control has default Private header that's y my CDN not working.

how do i Enable CDN + mod_pagespeed i m not able to fix it.

Joshua Marantz

Jun 7, 2016, 7:02:06 AM6/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Are you sure you are getting cache-control:private from pagespeed?  That should not happen ordinarily -- it usually indicates something else is wrong.  Can you post the link that you googled to learn about pagespeed and cc:private?

We should prioritize fixing this;and also try to find a workaround in Apache -- the workaround in that bug is for nginx.

Joshua Marantz

Jun 16, 2016, 2:49:19 PM6/16/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I have checked in https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/commit/6d81e8054f19f8f5f70d62bf9b3101f37479d023 which provides one possible resolution to this problem.

It requires that you add cache-control:public in your apache conf files for your origin resources, and that will work fine as long as you are fetching your resources over HTTP.  However it does not address the issue of files loaded via LoadFromFile.

I am leaving https://github.com/pagespeed/ngx_pagespeed/issues/1149 open until we have a resolution for that.

-Josh