ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix https

Hugues Alary

Jul 28, 2015, 8:12:48 PM7/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm trying to see if ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix works with https URLs.

For example, is this configuration valid?

ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix https://www.example.com/purge
ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeMethod GET
ModPagespeedDownstreamCacheRewrittenPercentageThreshold 95

I'm asking because I can not see any GET (or PURGE) request coming into my Varnish instance, ever.

I've been having this issue for the past few months and tried on and off to debug it. Every time I come to the same conclusion: ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix might not be working.

I know it did work on a previous version of MPS (I had found a small bug, reported it and it got fixed), and I think it broke on another version.

I also don't exclude a misconfiguration of my servers, but can't find what I may have done wrong. So now I want to make 100% sure that ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix does indeed work, both on HTTP and HTTPS.

Thanks!

Jeff Kaufman

Jul 28, 2015, 9:13:27 PM7/28/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Do you have "ModPagespeedFetchHttps enable" in your config?  If you don't set that then PageSpeed doesn't know how to speak HTTPS for anything, including purging.  (In the next major release we're going to have HTTPS turned on by default so people don't run into this anymore.)

Hugues Alary

Jul 28, 2015, 11:26:24 PM7/28/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I did not have "ModPagespeedFetchHttps enable". I just added it, but still nothing.

The way I'm checking if this works is by:
- connecting to my varnish server
- running varnishlog -q "ReqURL ~ 'purge'"
- flushing my memcached instance (connect to it and issue a flush_all)
- requesting pages (running a script that crawls every single pages of the website)

I've checked everywhere I could (haproxy and varnish), there's no trace of any GET request being made to /purge.

I made sure GET requests to my ModPagespeedDownstreamCachePurgeLocationPrefix do show up in my logs by running a `curl https://www.betabrand.com/purge` from the servers running MPS; they do show up. (and a `curl -X PURGE https://www.betabrand.com/purge` also shows up)

And I restarted my apache instances too (as opposed to just reloading).

Still nothing from MPS.