Unable to use MPS with 3rd party CDN and HTTPS

jeremyca...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2013, 12:14:04 PM7/29/13
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I've read the docs until I'm blue in the face but I cannot understand how I'm correctly supposed to configure MPS in our configuration

- Website = https://www.abc.com - The whole site uses HTTPS (HSTS enabled).
- The whole site exists on a single server running Apache
- Our own scripts automatically rewrite the domain for all cacheable assets to //static.abc.com/
- We used a 3rd party CDN service and have mapped a CNAME DNS record from static.abc.com to the CDN's servers

- I have authorised the static domain by adding;
ModPagespeedDomain https://static.abc.com

- Based on https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/https_support I have added the following directive:
ModPagespeedLoadFromFile "https://static.abc.com/" "/srv/www/www.abc.com/public_html/"

- At this stage MPS is loading correctly (as I can tell from explicitly requesting the compress whitespace filter) however no resources are being rewritten.

- I've resorted to trying anything to get it working and i've stumbled across the following which works (although some image resources are not loaded) but I'm not sure why and some docs indicate it could be a security risk. .
ModPagespeedMapProxyDomain https://static.abc.com https://www.abc.com

Is this configuration that unusual? Would anyone mind sharing with me how this should be configured correctly?

Joshua Marantz

Jul 29, 2013, 12:22:51 PM7/29/13
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Without the MapProxyDomain, and with 'loglevel info', do you see anything written to the logs?  E.g. are we trying to load the file and failing?

Can you sample /mod_pagespeed_statistics a few times to see which numbers change as you attempt to load the optimized page?

-Josh

rag...@googlemail.com

Oct 28, 2016, 4:30:35 AM10/28/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss