make error when executing make AR.host=`pwd`/build/wrappers/ar.sh AR.target=`pwd`/build/wrappers/ar.sh \ BUILDTYPE=Release mod_pagespeed_test pagespeed_automatic_test

jacg.f...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2015, 8:57:02 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am trying to compile mod_pagespeed on Centos 5.4 (2.6.18-164.el5) with compiler 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52). It fails with:

third_party/gflags/src/mutex.h:167: warning: inline function ‘gflags_mutex_namespace::Mutex::Mutex(gflags_mutex_namespace::Mutex::LinkerInitialized)’ used but never defined
make: *** [out/Release/obj.target/gflags/third_party/gflags/src/gflags.o] Error 1

Can anyone help me with this?

Jeroen

Jeff Kaufman

Apr 17, 2015, 9:08:32 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss, Jeffrey Crowell
Are you building from a release or from trunk?

Jeff, have you seen anything like this on the buildbots?

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 9:37:59 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey Crowell
I am building from trunk, latent stanleymes version.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "mod-pagespeed-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/CAMJ6YUtZUQK5sUvRCyCtU3nYAj%2BHvUP-RdNYry%2Bp6Z4jwiiU%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 9:39:43 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com, Jeffrey Crowell
Latest stable version I mean.

Jeff Kaufman

Apr 17, 2015, 9:48:43 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss, Jeffrey Crowell

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 9:56:18 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

Jeff Kaufman

Apr 17, 2015, 10:02:12 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
There are a few places on that page where there are choices; did you
run "git checkout latest-stable" or did you decide to go with bleeding
edge?
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/CAF9hu9%3D6sU5QoaOv0YwYqLfs%3DGr1PaNshrdkOU%3DBnEACubUyKA%40mail.gmail.com.

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 10:10:21 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I tried both. The last time I tried the latest stable. That gave the error I mentionned.

Before I tried the bleeding edge. That falied with another error.

Jeffrey Crowell

Apr 17, 2015, 10:28:30 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I haven't seen anything like this.

Is there any more that you can paste for the error? That one particular line looks like a warning.

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 10:36:37 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I am not at my pc now. I will let you know later.

Is there another way to build this module?

Jeffrey Crowell

Apr 17, 2015, 10:37:11 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I was just able to reproduce on the latest-stable branch on centos5.

I'm looking into this now.

Jeffrey Crowell

Apr 17, 2015, 11:41:09 AM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Jeroen,

It seems like there were two separate issues preventing building against master and against latest-stable.

The build against master was missing a file, which was just added in the latest commit.
The build against latest-stable is due to the versions of gflags used by master conflicting with the latest-stable. I'm updating the docs to fix this now, but you should be able to build by doing the following.

 gclient config https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed.git --unmanaged --name=src
git clone https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed.git src
cd src
git checkout latest-stable
cd ..
gclient sync --force --jobs=1

Sorry about that!
Jeff

jeroen franken

Apr 17, 2015, 3:53:03 PM4/17/15
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your prompt action,

It works now.

Mayur Bhardwaj

Aug 13, 2015, 7:00:16 AM8/13/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Jeffrey,

I am getting some error while hitting gclient sync --force --jobs=1.

Below is the error for your reference.

Checked out revision 1695674.
WARNING: subprocess '"git" "-c" "core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g" "clone" "--no-checkout" "--progress" "https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git" "/root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6"' in /root/mod_pagespeed failed; will retry after a short nap...
WARNING: subprocess '"git" "-c" "core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g" "clone" "--no-checkout" "--progress" "https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git" "/root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6"' in /root/mod_pagespeed failed; will retry after a short nap...
WARNING: subprocess '"git" "-c" "core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g" "clone" "--no-checkout" "--progress" "https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git" "/root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6"' in /root/mod_pagespeed failed; will retry after a short nap...
WARNING: subprocess '"git" "-c" "core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g" "clone" "--no-checkout" "--progress" "https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git" "/root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6"' in /root/mod_pagespeed failed; will retry after a short nap...

src/third_party/boringssl/src (ERROR)
[0:01:45] Started.
[0:01:45]

________ running 'git -c core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g clone --no-checkout --progress https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git /root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6' in '/root/mod_pagespeed'
[0:01:45] Unknown option: -c
[0:01:45] usage: git [--version] [--exec-path[=GIT_EXEC_PATH]] [--html-path]
[0:01:45]            [-p|--paginate|--no-pager] [--no-replace-objects]
[0:01:45]            [--bare] [--git-dir=GIT_DIR] [--work-tree=GIT_WORK_TREE]
[0:01:45]            [--help] COMMAND [ARGS]

________ running 'git -c core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g clone --no-checkout --progress https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git /root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6' in '/root/mod_pagespeed'
[0:01:46] Unknown option: -c
[0:01:46] usage: git [--version] [--exec-path[=GIT_EXEC_PATH]] [--html-path]
[0:01:46]            [-p|--paginate|--no-pager] [--no-replace-objects]
[0:01:46]            [--bare] [--git-dir=GIT_DIR] [--work-tree=GIT_WORK_TREE]
[0:01:46]            [--help] COMMAND [ARGS]

________ running 'git -c core.deltaBaseCacheLimit=2g clone --no-checkout --progress https://boringssl.googlesource.com/boringssl.git /root/mod_pagespeed/src/third_party/boringssl/_gclient_src_Gq2rO6' in '/root/mod_pagespeed'
[0:01:47] Unknown option: -c
[0:01:47] usage: git [--version] [--exec-path[=GIT_EXEC_PATH]] [--html-path]
[0:01:47]            [-p|--paginate|--no-pager] [--no-replace-objects]
[0:01:47]            [--bare] [--git-dir=GIT_DIR] [--work-tree=GIT_WORK_TREE]
[0:01:47]            [--help] COMMAND [ARGS]

> <mod-pagespeed-discuss@googlegroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

>> Could you paste the commands you ran?
>>
>> Are you on 32 bit or 64?
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 9:39 AM, jeroen franken <jacg.f...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Latest stable version I mean.
>> >

>> > Op vrijdag 17 april 2015 heeft jeroen franken <jacg.f...@gmail.com>
>> > het
>> > volgende geschreven:

>> > --
>> > an

>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/CAF9hu9n9jJ7g%2Bm%2BvLjvMc4d4jvKU7Cdvx7j_6o8q_bvCip2QDw%40mail.gmail.com.

>> --

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/CAMJ6YUuHQJnWJrR29iYNt-qa%2BoF3N4FcO5Vzj-%2Bat9OOgapSCA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeff Kaufman

Aug 13, 2015, 7:36:16 AM8/13/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
"Unknown option: -c" means you need a more recent version of git.