Wordpress Caching Plugins & Google Pagespeed Module with Varnish Cache

Rafael El Mago

Sep 11, 2015, 7:31:23 PM9/11/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Guys,

Need some advice.

Here is my VPS setup.

Varnish ~~>Google PageSpeed Module ~~>Apache

All my dynamic sites are Wordpress.

I could add a Wordpress Cache plugin such as Batcache or WP-FFPC that can cache to memcache.

Now is adding a Wordpress Cache plugin a good idea or not necessary since I am also caching with Varnish.

Is their a better setup since I can add any module?

Thanks,

Rafael

Hans van Eijsden

Sep 14, 2015, 6:16:19 AM9/14/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Yeah sure! The best setup (most performant, lowest memory requirements, easy caching): https://rtcamp.com/wordpress-nginx/tutorials/single-site/fastcgi-cache-with-purging/
I use it on 12.000 sites with ngx_pagespeed and this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nginx-helper/

And... you can finally say goodbye to slow Apache and RAM-hungry Varnish. More performance with less RAM.
Good luck!