Plans to support rel=prerender?

Guillaume Rossolini

Jan 26, 2016, 5:00:28 PM1/26/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

I see some browsers support the rel=prerender meta attribute [1]:
Page prerendering : Fetch the entire page with all of its resources ahead of time, to enable instant navigation when triggered by the user

However, it has at least one feature that should make it incompatible with mod_pagespeed (disclaimer: I have not tested this) [2]:
Prerendering is abandoned if the requested resource, or any of its subresources need to make a non-idempotent request (only GET requests allowed)

As I understand it, the beacon is sent via HTT POST, which would cancel any prerendering attempt.
Are there any plans to support this very interesting webperf feature (however limited it might be)?

Regards,