GoDaddy hosting

Akshay Anand

Aug 19, 2015, 10:02:31 AM8/19/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
The website I am working on is hosted by goDaddy.Need help regarding how to add the pagespeed module.

Jeff Kaufman

Aug 19, 2015, 10:08:02 AM8/19/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Akshay Anand <akshay...@gmail.com> wrote:
The website I am working on is hosted by goDaddy.Need help regarding how to add the pagespeed module.

Akshay Anand

Aug 19, 2015, 12:34:20 PM8/19/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Thank you for replying.
Actually, I tried it before but can't see any changes.I pasted the code in my .htaccess file at the bottom.Is their a way to know if the code is working

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 7:38:02 PM UTC+5:30, Jeff Kaufman wrote:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Akshay Anand <akshay...@gmail.com> wrote:
The website I am working on is hosted by goDaddy.Need help regarding how to add the pagespeed module.

Jeff Kaufman

Akshay Anand

Jeff Kaufman

Aug 19, 2015, 1:18:45 PM8/19/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
$ curl -o /dev/null -sS -D- www.wemakescholars.com
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:17:23 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.12

There's no X-Mod-Pagespeed header, so that means PageSpeed isn't on.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Akshay Anand <akshay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> www.wemakescholars.com is the link
>
> On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 10:23:57 PM UTC+5:30, Jeff Kaufman wrote:
>>
>> Share a link to your site and I'll check?
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Akshay Anand <akshay...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you for replying.
>>> Actually, I tried it before but can't see any changes.I pasted the code
>>> in my .htaccess file at the bottom.Is their a way to know if the code is
>>> working

>>> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/9abed6b8-51ac-4c6d-bd6f-1d05fbd3d4f2%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

Akshay Anand

Aug 20, 2015, 3:54:20 AM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
here is the.htacess file we are using.you can check if we are making any mistake.does go daddy allow mod_pagespeed

>>> --
>>

> --
htaccess.txt

Jeff Kaufman

Aug 20, 2015, 8:06:31 AM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Can you try replacing:

   ModPagespeed on
   ModPagespeedEnableFilters
   collapse_whitespace

With:

   ModPagespeed on
   ModPagespeedEnableFilters collapse_whitespace

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 20, 2015, 8:50:21 AM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
No,it is not working.Can you try editing the htaccess file and testing it.Thankyou for the reply

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 20, 2015, 12:34:02 PM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Someone please help!!!Need this very urgently

Joshua Marantz

Aug 20, 2015, 1:00:40 PM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
My suspicion is that your GoDaddy instance does not include mod_pagespeed.  I have been trying to reach someone at Go Daddy that we've worked with in the past but haven't gotten a response yet.

Please feel free to contact Go Daddy support, quoting their help article about mod_pagespeed, and ask them what the next step should be.

Thanks,
-Josh

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 20, 2015, 1:03:55 PM8/20/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Do you mean to imply that the godaddy account of website doesnot support mod_pagespeed??thankyou for replying I will contact them immediately

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 21, 2015, 6:00:48 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I tried to contact the GoDaddy service people and they replied that they do not have the technical information regarding that.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Akshay Anand

Aug 21, 2015, 6:14:54 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
This the latest version of my .htaccess file .Been working on this for 3 days.Please help
htaccess.txt

Joshua Marantz

Aug 21, 2015, 6:37:44 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi.  I don't think there's anything wrong with your .htaccess file.  But please tell me: do you have a virtual machine on GoDaddy?  Or is it a shared hosting plan?

GoDaddy's support of mod_pagespeed is for Linux-based shared hosting.  Please point them to their own help article on the topic:  https://www.godaddy.com/help/which-mod-pagespeed-functions-do-you-support-6432.

If you have a VM on GoDaddy then of course you can install mod_pagespeed yourself by following the instructions here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/download .

-Josh

>>> --

Joshua Marantz

Aug 21, 2015, 6:42:09 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
To clarify, the latest version of your .htaccess does not have mod_pagespeed enabled.  But I don't think it would work even if you did, because http://www.wemakescholars.com/?ModPagespeed=on does not return back an X-Mod-Pagespeed header, which tells me that the module is not installed on the server.

-Josh

Akshay Anand

Aug 21, 2015, 7:04:00 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Yes i think i must have removed it accidentally while pasting.Do you think the GoDaddy plan which I am in does not have it enabled on(from GoDaddy side).Are there any alternatives to this.I am using Shared hosting

>>> --

Joshua Marantz

Aug 21, 2015, 8:14:02 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I am not sure about your GoDaddy *plan*, but I know that your GoDaddy *server* does not have mod_pagespeed, but it used to be the case that any shared hosting account on Linux at GoDaddy included MPS.  If that's no longer the case, and you want to use MPS on shared hosting, there are other shared hosting providers that do provide it, such as DreamHost. I'm hopeful that this is just a configuration problem on GoDaddy's side that can be resolved, but please let us know what happens when you ask them for clarification on   https://www.godaddy.com/help/which-mod-pagespeed-functions-do-you-support-6432.

-Josh

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 21, 2015, 8:23:44 AM8/21/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Sure ,will contact them soon and let you know.

>>> --

Akshay Anand

Aug 22, 2015, 5:13:27 AM8/22/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I have contacted GoDaddy and they informed us that mod_pagespeed is not supported on shared hosting and we need to purchase a vps to enable it.
Thankyou for assisting us.

Joshua Marantz

Aug 24, 2015, 1:45:46 PM8/24/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
It definitely *was* supportd on Linux hosting.  See this: http://googlecode.blogspot.com/2011/01/go-daddy-makes-web-faster-by-enabling.html .

I want to point out that DreamHost shared-hosting and others still support mod_pagespeed: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Page_Speed_Optimization .  If mod_pagespeed is important to you and you want to run on a shared server, there are options.

-Josh

Thankyou for assisting us.