rewrite_images doesn't work properly

Marc Subira

Jan 8, 2016, 1:31:12 PM1/8/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

Jeff Kaufman

Jan 8, 2016, 1:39:39 PM1/8/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Adding "debug" to the list of filters shows, among other things:

<!--The preceding resource was not rewritten because its domain
(www.roadrunningreview.com) is not authorized-->

<!--Fetch failure, preventing rewriting of
http://roadrunningreview.com/CKFinderJava/userfiles/images/Regalos-Running-2015/Mizuno_Wave_Ultima_7.jpg-->

So I think what's happening is that something is rewriting your host
header so requests to www.roadrunningreview.com hit PageSpeed with a
host header of roadrunningreview.com. For absolute urls on
www.roadrunningreview.com, PageSpeed refuses to rewrite things because
only roadrunningreview.com (the domain mentioned in the host header)
is authorized. For relative urls it tries to fetch from
roadrunningreview.com, gets a redirect to www.roadrunningreview.com,
but doesn't follow redirects and so fails the fetch.

Is this host header weirdness a misconfiguration you can clear up?
Otherwise we can try to figure out the directives to fix this in
PageSpeed, that's just kind of messy.