Re: pagespeed breaks some images in Chrome on an iPhone

Jeffrey Crowell

Jul 8, 2016, 10:28:31 AM7/8/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Could you tell me what version of pagespeed you are running. Cloudflare is stripping the headers, and either my incoming query parameters or outgoing comments.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 1:21 PM, <remi...@observehiscommandments.org> wrote:

We have a website that does not properly show some images on some pages in Chrome on an iPhone. The same pages work fine in Safari on mobile. They work fine in Chrome on a Macbook, as they do in Safari and Firefox on a Macbook. Pages using the same template sometimes render images properly and sometimes don't. For instance, the logo is on every page but it sometimes doesn't render. I can't seem to isolate a pattern. Here is a page with broken images: http://observehiscommandments.org/turn-the-other-cheek/ Here is a page without broken images: http://observehiscommandments.org/prove-yourselves-cautious-as-serpents-and-yet-innocent-as-doves/ Needless to say, we are using the latest operating systems and browser versions in all cases. We recognized that "pagespeed" is in the url for the broken images. So we tried appending each of the following to the URL of the affected pages and in each case the problem went away:

?ModPagespeed=off
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=extend_cache
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=combine_css
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=inline_css
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=inline_javascript
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=insert_image_dimensions
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=rewrite_images
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=rewrite_css
?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters=rewrite_javascript

So how to I keep this from happening to mobile visitors?

Jeff Kaufman

Jul 11, 2016, 12:31:05 PM7/11/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
This sounds a lot like
https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/issues/1256 , which was
fixed with 1.9.32.13 and 1.10.33.4. If you're running an older
version, please upgrade because they're are also security
vulnerabilities in the older versions.

If you're hitting this on 1.9.32.13 and 1.10.33.4 or later, however,
please let us know because that could be serious.