Announcing mod_pagespeed stable release 1.11.33.4

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 3, 2016, 3:53:10 PM10/3/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
The PageSpeed team is pleased to announce a new release, version
1.11.33.4. This release is a clone of the 1.11.33.4 beta release, and
contains all the same fixes.

If you are currently on the stable channel, you can update as usual:

* If you installed the .rpm package, you can update with:

sudo yum update mod-pagespeed-stable
sudo /etc/init.d/httpd restart

* If you installed the .deb package, you can update with:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

If you are currently on the beta channel and would like to switch to
the stable channel, first uninstall mod_pagespeed and install the stable
package from:

https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/mod_pagespeed/download

Instructions for building from source are available at:

https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/mod_pagespeed/build_from_source

Jeff Kaufman
PageSpeed Team

DAVID GUILFORD, LLC

Oct 6, 2016, 4:43:23 PM10/6/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Jeff.
I am a Newbie!!
Apache and Nginx are open source server modules that optimize your site automatically
Do I  need a server to execute the commands in the link you gave -
I want to optimize my website!! -- https://sites.google.com/site/davidguilfordllc/
If I dont have a server what steps to install apache or nginx
has the followig issues:
Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
Leverage browser caching
Enable compression
Reduce server response time
Optimize images

Jeff Kaufman

Oct 7, 2016, 2:56:23 PM10/7/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
It sounds like your webpage is hosted on Google Sites? If so, you're
not going to be able to install mod_pagespeed. You need to have your
own server to do that. Sorry!