Potential HTML Parsing Problem

Ezra

Nov 10, 2015, 6:22:04 PM11/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I have installed the mod_pagespeed Apache module onto a DV server at Media Temple.

However, I since noticed that new sub-domains (vhosts) that I create just show a blank page.

Visiting the page with ?ModPagespeed=off fixes the problem.

However, visiting the page with ?ModPagespeed=on&ModPagespeedFilters= causes the problem to remain.

The documentation I'm reading at https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/faq seems to imply that this means it's an HTML parsing problem, and that I should inform you all of this.

Am I missing anything? Does anyone know what the issue could be, or if this is in fact an error in Pagespeed?

Thanks in advance,
Ezra

Joshua Marantz

Nov 10, 2015, 6:35:17 PM11/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I suspect this is some kind of configuration problem or conflict with another module.  What else do you have installed?  Can you share your configuration file?  Are there any errors printed to the Apache error log?

-Josh

Message has been deleted

Ezra

Nov 10, 2015, 10:47:26 PM11/10/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Here is the output of httpd -M:

Here is the httpd.conf:

Here is the conf.d/pagespeed.conf:

Here is an ls -al output of the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory:

Regards,
Ezra

Jeff Kaufman

Nov 11, 2015, 6:02:19 AM11/11/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
> I since noticed that new sub-domains (vhosts) that I create just show a blank page

How are you creating these new vhosts? Is this happening after Apache starts?
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mod-pagespeed-discuss/7e7a7ef2-f572-4704-9654-2d3a26368aa8%40googlegroups.com.

Ezra

Nov 11, 2015, 1:31:23 PM11/11/15
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi Jeff,

This is a Media Temple website, so to create a new vhost you just click an "Add New Subdomain" button in their Plesk Server Admin. I would assume that Plesk creates the vhost in the same way I would, creating the .conf files and then restarting Apache.

For now, the workaround I have in place is to disable Pagespeed globally and then enable it on a per-site basis. From my tests so far, it seems that our WordPress sites have no problem with Pagespeed enabled, but any static HTML sites we create are just showing a blank white page in the web browser. I've tailed the access_log and error_log files, but no errors are showing up when I reload the blank page, and no errors show on page.

I hope any of this information is helpful, and thanks to everyone for providing an extra set of eyes as I review this issue.

Regards,
Ezra