Pass query string from the URL request to the optimized mod_pagespeed assets

Rohit Chopra

Sep 26, 2017, 3:51:20 PM9/26/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I am looking for a way to keep/pass any query parameters passed when requesting the page on to the optimized assets.

For example, if I am invoking http://www.examplesite.com/?repondwith=42&strat=default, I would like the page to render the optimized assets such as

like

Is that possible with a setting in the configuration?

I am running Apache

Otto van der Schaaf

Sep 27, 2017, 4:47:36 PM9/27/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

The querystrings will be encoded into a different format into the .pagespeed. urls.
There is no way to preserve the existing querystring in .pagespeed. urls.

I am curious what your use-case is here, could you explain that?

Otto

Rohit Chopra

Oct 12, 2017, 2:29:31 PM10/12/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I have set of production servers in rotation through an F5 balancer. I've setup rules on the F5 to send the traffic to a specific server that has the mod_pagespeed enabled. The rule on the balancer looks for a query string before determining which server to forward the traffic through.

So if www.example.com points to my F5, and is accessed with ?responewith=42, F5 will route to the pagespeed mod which then in-turn renders all pagespeed optimized files without the query string. The lack of query string on these asset files sends the request other servers on the balancer which then result in a 404.

I basically wanted to see if there was a filter that allows me to append someone at the end of each .pagespeed url.

Otto van der Schaaf