Test failed

Magnus R.

Nov 12, 2017, 11:49:43 AM11/12/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

I'm trying to update a mod_pagespeed installation. When I run

~/mod_pagespeed $ ./out/Release/pagespeed_automatic_test

one of the tests fails:

[ RUN      ] InprocessShm/SharedMemStatisticsTestTemplate/0.TestHistogramRender

pagespeed/kernel/sharedmem/shared_mem_statistics_test_base.cc:406: Failure

Value of: Contains(html_graph, "25.0%")

  Actual: false

Expected: true

pagespeed/kernel/sharedmem/shared_mem_statistics_test_base.cc:408: Failure

Value of: Contains(html_graph, "12.5%")

  Actual: false

Expected: true

pagespeed/kernel/sharedmem/shared_mem_statistics_test_base.cc:409: Failure

Value of: Contains(html_graph, "37.5%")

  Actual: false

Expected: true

[  FAILED  ] InprocessShm/SharedMemStatisticsTestTemplate/0.TestHistogramRender, where TypeParam = net_instaweb::

(anonymous namespace)::InProcessSharedMemEnv (0 ms)

[  PASSED  ] 4330 tests.

[  FAILED  ] 1 test, listed below:

[  FAILED  ] InprocessShm/SharedMemStatisticsTestTemplate/0.TestHistogramRender, where TypeParam = net_instaweb::(anonymous namespace)::InProcessSharedMemEnv

What could this mean? The system is Gentoo Linux.

Thanks, Magnus

Otto van der Schaaf

Nov 13, 2017, 6:23:35 AM11/13/17
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what could be causing this, I think this is the first time this failure is reported.
It looks like the first failure arises here:

That doesn't really give me a clue as to what could be wrong, maybe someone else has an idea?

Otto

Magnus R.

Nov 14, 2017, 9:03:05 AM11/14/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I noticed, that the compilation also did not create any Apache module:

~/mod_pagespeed $ find . -iname "*.so"
./third_party/chromium/src/build/android/tests/symbolize/libb.so
./third_party/chromium/src/build/android/tests/symbolize/liba.so

I also tried the latest beta, resulting in the same failed test and no Apache module.

Currently we run 1.11.33.4-stable.

Joshua Marantz

Nov 14, 2017, 9:32:08 AM11/14/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
The test failures would seem to indicate that shared-memory is not working as expected on your system.  I don't know anything about Gentoo, but would that make sense to you?

What commands did you run to attempt to build the module?  It's certainly the case that the module is not built as a side effect of running the unit test.

Finally, please note that 1.12 has been marked stable, so it's probably a good idea to upgrade.

Thanks!
-Josh

Magnus R.

Nov 14, 2017, 8:28:24 PM11/14/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 at 3:32:08 PM UTC+1, jmarantz wrote:
The test failures would seem to indicate that shared-memory is not working as expected on your system.

~ $ mount | grep shm
shm on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
~ $ df | grep shm
shm 254916 84 254832 1% /dev/shm
~ $ grep -i tmpfs /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
# CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT is not set
CONFIG_TMPFS=y
# CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL is not set
# CONFIG_TMPFS_XATTR is not set

Is there anything needed beyond that?

What commands did you run to attempt to build the module?

~/bin $ export PATH=$PATH:~/bin/depot_tools
~ $ git clone -b latest-stable --recursive https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed.git
~/mod_pagespeed $ python build/gyp_chromium --depth=.
~/mod_pagespeed $ make BUILDTYPE=Release mod_pagespeed_test pagespeed_automatic_test
~/mod_pagespeed $ ./out/Release/mod_pagespeed_test
~/mod_pagespeed $ ./out/Release/pagespeed_automatic_test

So far for now ...
Magnus

Magnus R.

Nov 19, 2017, 6:24:29 PM11/19/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I recompiled the kernel with CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL and CONFIG_TMPFS_XATTR and removed nosuid,nodev,noexec from fstab. But the mentioned test still fails.

I have no idea what else could be wrong with shared memory. For me everything looks fine there.

Magnus

Magnus R.

Nov 23, 2017, 7:56:10 AM11/23/17
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
We noticed that only the tests with the percent sign fail. So I removed the percent sign, but the tests still failed. Then I removed also the dot and the decimal and now all tests passed.

However it still did not create any Apache module.