mod-pagespeed deprecated?

sebastia...@webcertain.com

Jun 22, 2016, 5:49:05 AM6/22/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello Guys and Girls,

I would like to implement Google PageSpeed module on our company servers, but the server guys came back to me saying that it's beeing deprecated.

The only thing I could find online is that Google PageSpeed Service Shuts Down article and it says mod_pagespeed is open source and being kept alive.

Can you say fo definite that Apache will continue to support it in the future and it's worth to implement it.

Otherwise, what would be alternative solution to avoid rewriting the code and optimising / minifying everything separatley for dozens of sites.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Jeff Kaufman

Jun 22, 2016, 7:13:39 AM6/22/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 5:49 AM, <sebastia...@webcertain.com> wrote:

> The only thing I could find online is that Google PageSpeed Service Shuts
> Down article and it says mod_pagespeed is open source and being kept alive.

This is correct: only PageSpeed Service was shut down [1],
mod_pagespeed is still under active development [2].

Jeff

[1] https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/service/Deprecation
[2] https://github.com/pagespeed/mod_pagespeed/commits/master