Core Filters Causing Mixed Content Warnings

AJ McKay

Jun 30, 2016, 9:34:45 AM6/30/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Randomly.

This is a WordPress site, both the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) are HTTPS. Enabling core filters, nothing else, causes the following:

Example: Image A on page 1: no mixed content warning for that image; image A on page 2: mixed content warning for that same image. It seems to happen mostly (if not exclusively, I'll have to double check if necessary) with plugin and theme image assets.

No cert on the server, CloudFlare's Flexible SSL is being used; protocol rewriting is enabled sitewide but everything in the back end is necessarily served via HTTPS because of the WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) being set to HTTPS. Nothing on the website is hard-coded to HTTP and even if it were CloudFlare's Protocol Rewriting would rewrite it.

As I say, this is random. Image A can cause mixed content warnings on page 2 one moment, but may or may not upon the next visit to page 2. Image B might cause the warning upon a third visit to page 2, but that same image used in the next navigation may not -- on and on with the permutations.

I'm stumped. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Be well,
AJ

Otto van der Schaaf

Jun 30, 2016, 10:15:30 AM6/30/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
If CloudFlare is terminating https for you, you might have to take a look at respecting X-Forwarded-Proto:

CloudFlare forwards that header to your webserver, and you can configure RespectXForwardedProto to make PageSpeed listen to that header
so it gets the protocol right. Or did you already do so?

Otto

AJ McKay

Jun 30, 2016, 11:08:58 AM6/30/16
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
I did not. Your Edible Arrangement is on its way.

;)

Thanks so much,
AJ