mod-geocache for caching the French Géoportail

BDavid

Aug 26, 2011, 9:59:14 AM8/26/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am looking for a GeoCache for the WMS-C web-services of the French
Géoportail (http://api.ign.fr)
The problem is that they implement a specific digital right management (DRM).
Did somebody adapt mod-geocache for these web-services ?

Otherwise, I have developed a Php proxy script that can be used as a proxy
to the web-services and manages the GeoDRM (htpp://wms.lautre.net).
Il suppose that I can tell mod-geocache to use this proxy to get the tiles
from the Géoportail.
Does somebody have experiences on mod-geocache for this kind of need ?
Thanks in advance
Regards

Benoit DAVID
French Ministry of Sustainable Development
Geographic Information Unit
benoit...@wms.lautre.net

thomas bonfort

Aug 26, 2011, 12:10:27 PM8/26/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com

If your script has a wms getmap  interface, then mod-geocache will work transparently for the grids who's srs are supported by the wms. Otherwise you'll have to use a mod-geocache grid exactly aligned on the ign one, and not use metatiles.
For a more flexible setup, create a gdal http-minidriver XML file that points to your PHP script, and create a mapserver mapfile with this raster layer. You'll then be able to supply reprojection also.

Thomas