Seeder

Stijn Tallir

Oct 25, 2011, 7:46:12 AM10/25/11
to mod-geocache
Is it possible to increase the time-out value for the source response?

I often get time-out errors when using the seeder if the source (WMS)
doesn't deliver the image fgast enough.

Stijn

thomas bonfort

Oct 25, 2011, 9:23:30 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
the <http> block has a <connection_timeout> child that defaults to 30
seconds, you can try increasing that value. If that does not suffice,
open a ticket to add a global <timeout> parameter that accounts for
the whole of the request.

--
thomas

Stijn Tallir

Oct 25, 2011, 9:51:02 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I increased the value (and recompiled) but keep getting this error message:

"curl failed to request url http://<wms getmap query here> : Recv failure: Connection reset by peer"

Any other suggestions? The getmap query works when I enter it in a browser. I've tried a few.

Stijn
--
Stijn Tallir - StrICT

Neerstraat 151
9250 Waasmunster

Tel/Fax: 052 332088
GSM: 0486 750220

E-mail: In...@strict.be
Web: www.strict.be

BTW: BE 881.460.081

thomas bonfort

Oct 25, 2011, 9:57:13 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 15:51, Stijn Tallir <in...@strict.be> wrote:
Hi Thomas,

I increased the value (and recompiled) but keep getting this error message:

It's a configuration option, so there's no need to recompile...

"curl failed to request url http://<wms getmap query here> : Recv failure: Connection reset by peer"

Any other suggestions? The getmap query works when I enter it in a browser. I've tried a few.

do you control the wms server, and do you have access to the server logs?
might there be a firewall that's terminating the connection due to too heavy traffic?

Stijn Tallir

Oct 25, 2011, 10:10:12 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
I do control the wms-server but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with heavy traffic (very perfomant setup)  or firewall (no firewall).

Even when seeding with just 1 thread I get the error.

Stijn

thomas bonfort

Oct 25, 2011, 10:15:58 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
How long does a failing request take on the wms server ?
Are you using a proxy ?

Stijn Tallir

Oct 25, 2011, 10:32:38 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
The wms and mapcache are on the same server. No proxy used.

And there is no time limit on the wms-server. I can easily ask for a 15000x15000 image that takes a few minutes to create.

Strange thing is the error occurs only with tilesets that use coordinate systems with decimal degrees units.

Stijn

thomas bonfort

Oct 25, 2011, 11:02:15 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
not much more I can add if the wms server logs don't show anything suspect. if you can supply me your mapcache.xml file privately, I'll try to have a look.

Stijn Tallir

Oct 25, 2011, 11:32:18 AM10/25/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
how can i send this privately?