Module installation and demo files

Andrea Borruso

Oct 8, 2011, 11:55:48 AM10/8/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thank you to all mapcache developer.

This afternoon I have seen "Mod-geocache, a fast tiling solution for the apache web server" video, and then I tried to make an installation in my Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS machine.

I have read and applied (I hope correctly) the steps of this page - http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/mapcache_install.html - and I was able to build and activate the apache module. This webpage says "Next, a mapcache configuration is mapped to the server url with the following snippet". Where is this configuration?

Then it says "If you have not disabled the demo service, you should now have access to it on http://myserver/mapcache/demo". Where is the demo folder?

Thank you very much,

Andrea

thomas bonfort

Oct 8, 2011, 11:59:26 AM10/8/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 17:55, Andrea Borruso <abor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you to all mapcache developer.
>
> This afternoon I have seen "Mod-geocache, a fast tiling solution for the
> apache web server" video, and then I tried to make an installation in my
> Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS machine.
>
> I have read and applied (I hope correctly) the steps of this page -
> http://www.mapserver.org/trunk/mapcache/mapcache_install.html - and I was
> able to build and activate the apache module. This webpage says "Next, a
> mapcache configuration is mapped to the server url with the following
> snippet". Where is this configuration?

On ubuntu, this would be in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default I
think, or any other file defining the virtualhost you want mapcache to
listen on

> Then it says "If you have not disabled the demo service, you should now have
> access to it on http://myserver/mapcache/demo". Where is the demo folder?

there is no demo folder, it is an endpoint on which the module is
mapped to. what is important is that the "mapcache" part in the
previous url matches the first argument of MapcacheAlias in the http
config file.

--
thomas

> Thank you very much,