tile merging

Wim Vanbelle

Oct 17, 2011, 8:41:15 AM10/17/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The features specify:

- on-the-fly tile merging for combining multiple tiles into a single image

is there any place where i can find documentation on how to do this?

I have 2 tileset layers: <tileset name="L1"> and <tileset name="L2">

How could I best request these 2 on the fly?

Something like /geocache/gmaps/L1,L2@g/{Z}/{X}/{Y}.png'; didn't seem to work :).

Thanks for any info about this.

Best regards,
Wim

thomas bonfort

Oct 17, 2011, 8:42:54 AM10/17/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
The TMS or WMTS spec does not define a means to combine multiple
layers. The feature is only activated if used through the WMS spec,
with LAYERS=L1,L2

--
Thomas

thomas bonfort

Oct 24, 2011, 6:23:22 AM10/24/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Wim,
fyi, mapcache trunk now supports TMS merging, by separating layer
names with a ';' (semi-colon).
Note that if either one of the merged layers refers to multiple grids,
then it is advised to suffix both layers with the wanted grid, i.e.,
to issue requests like:

/geocache/gmaps/L1@g;L2@g/{Z}/{X}/{Y}.png';

regards,

thomas

Wim Vanbelle

Oct 24, 2011, 7:20:26 AM10/24/11
to mod-ge...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Thomas,

That is great news :). I'll give it a try today.

Best regards,
Wim