SSH Key-based Auth Issue

William West

Dec 24, 2012, 1:43:22 PM12/24/12
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
I just updated to 0.9.7 and am trying to set up Key-based authentication for SSH. When I select my key file in the setup wizard, the file is listed as '/external/file/NNNN' where 'NNNN' is a four-digit number.

When I press 'Check SSH Login' I get a brief popup with an error

Login failed. Failed to find index file with error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /external/file/NNNN: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I have verified that my private key works with the SSH server I am trying to use by importing it into ConnectBot.

Matthew Jones

Dec 24, 2012, 1:44:56 PM12/24/12
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss

Do you have both the public and private keys in that location? It's that path accurate for your phone?

William West

Dec 24, 2012, 1:54:57 PM12/24/12
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
I have a key pair '/sdcard/id_rsa' and '/sdcard/id_rsa.pub'. But no matter what file I select in the file browser, the path isdisplayed is in the form '/external/file/NNNN' with NNNN changing depending on the file selected. These paths don't exist on my phone's filesystem. I'm using the built-in Files app that came installed with my phone.

On Monday, December 24, 2012 1:44:56 PM UTC-5, Matthew Jones wrote:

Do you have both the public and private keys in that location? It's that path accurate for your phone?

Matthew Jones

Dec 24, 2012, 2:04:04 PM12/24/12
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss

Can you try using another file explorer? It seems like that one might not be reporting the path to us correctly.  I have used oi file manager and root explorer successfully

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mobileorg-android/-/nAN3rtTd3-gJ.

William West

Dec 24, 2012, 3:34:37 PM12/24/12
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
OI File Explorer reported the right path and I am now up and running.
Thanks for the suggestion.

On Monday, December 24, 2012 2:04:04 PM UTC-5, Matthew Jones wrote:

Can you try using another file explorer? It seems like that one might not be reporting the path to us correctly.  I have used oi file manager and root explorer successfully

axi...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2015, 2:54:35 AM12/31/15
to mobileorg-android
El lunes, 24 de diciembre de 2012, 21:34:37 (UTC+1), William West escribió:
> OI File Explorer reported the right path and I am now up and running.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> On Monday, December 24, 2012 2:04:04 PM UTC-5, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Can you try using another file explorer? It seems like that one might not be reporting the path to us correctly.  I have used oi file manager and root explorer successfully
>
> On Dec 24, 2012 12:54 PM, "William West via mobileorg-android" <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> I have a key pair '/sdcard/id_rsa' and '/sdcard/id_rsa.pub'. But no matter what file I select in the file browser, the path isdisplayed is in the form '/external/file/NNNN' with NNNN changing depending on the file selected. These paths don't exist on my phone's filesystem. I'm using the built-in Files app that came installed with my phone.
>

> On Monday, December 24, 2012 1:44:56 PM UTC-5, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Do you have both the public and private keys in that location? It's that path accurate for your phone?
>

> On Dec 24, 2012 12:43 PM, "William West via mobileorg-android" <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>

> I just updated to 0.9.7 and am trying to set up Key-based authentication for SSH. When I select my key file in the setup wizard, the file is listed as '/external/file/NNNN' where 'NNNN' is a four-digit number.
>

> When I press 'Check SSH Login' I get a brief popup with an error
>

> Login failed. Failed to find index file with error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /external/file/NNNN: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>

> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong? I have verified that my private key works with the SSH server I am trying to use by importing it into ConnectBot.
>

> --

> --

Did you solve this error? I have the same error.

Thanks!