Version 0.9.10 released!

Matthew Jones

Jul 24, 2013, 1:19:32 AM7/24/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Get it on the play store, here are some relevant details:

- Support for BUSY/AVAILABLE
- Clean up Settings activity
- Wifi only settings for sync
- Add timestamp setting
- Clickable todo items in outlines
- Bug Fixes and other smaller things

Bruce Schultz

Jul 24, 2013, 7:55:40 AM7/24/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Matthew Jones
It crashes for me when I try to capture or edit a node. Any idea how I can help debug this issue?

Matthew Jones

Jul 24, 2013, 9:30:58 AM7/24/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Bruce Schultz
Would it be possible for you to grab some logs for me?  If you are rooted you can use a program like catlog to do it (on newer android devices).

Message has been deleted

vsol...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2013, 12:11:46 PM7/24/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem on a galaxy note 10.1 - crashes on editing or capturing.
I'm not rooted. I don't know how to 'grab logs' but I can try if someone tells me how.

Matthew Jones

Jul 24, 2013, 1:12:42 PM7/24/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
This appears to only affect certain devices... what are the other specs on your phones?  Android versions? etc.

vsol...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2013, 1:52:14 PM7/24/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
> This appears to only affect certain devices... what are the other specs on your phones?  Android versions? etc.

I have that problem with version 0.9.10 on both my phone and my tablet:

- phone samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830i - android version 2.3.6
- tablet samsung galaxy note 10.1 GT-N810 - android version 4.1.2

editing a node or creating a new one crashes mobile-org

is sending the default android crash report of any use to you?

greetings
Vicente

Matthew Jones

Jul 24, 2013, 1:53:22 PM7/24/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss

Yes it absolutely is and I can see those note so thank you to everyone who has done that

Bruce Schultz

Jul 24, 2013, 4:12:43 PM7/24/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Matthew Jones
Sure, but I'm not rooted, so I'll need some more guidance. Its a samsung s3 mini.

Bruce Schultz

Jul 24, 2013, 4:20:00 PM7/24/13

Matthew Jones via mobileorg-android <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

>This appears to only affect certain devices... what are the other specs
>on
>your phones? Android versions? etc.

Samsung s3 mini GT-I8190
Android version is 4.1.2

Timothy Aldrich

Jul 26, 2013, 12:33:40 AM7/26/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
First, let me say thank you for MobileOrg, I love it !

This latest update broke my installation.  I have a Motorola Atrix phone.  Any time i try to edit a node or create a new one, MobileOrg stops working.  I have clicked on the "Report" button, and I see below that you receive those, so I hope that helps.
If I preview the report I can see that the following is the cause :

Exception class name : java.lang.NullPointerException
Source File : EditActivity.java
Source class : com.matburt.mobileorg.Gui.Capture.EditActivity
Source method : onCreateOptionsMenu
line number : 52

looking at the source, it appears the offending line is :

if(controller.isNodeEditable() == false)

The stack trace is :
java.lang.RuntimeException:  Unable to start activity ComponentInfo(com.matburt.mobileorg/com.matburt.mobilorg.Gui.Capture.EditActivity) android.view.inflateException: Binary XML file line #47 Error inflating class fragment

I hope that helps.

-Tim

jba...@ualberta.ca

Jul 29, 2013, 1:54:39 AM7/29/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem with crashing whenever I try to Capture with the new version of MobileOrg. My phone is a Galaxy Note (SGH-I717M) with Andriod 4.0.4. I sent a report; hope it helps.

Thanks for all your hard work on this software. I use Capture every day.

Matthew Jones

Jul 29, 2013, 4:42:43 PM7/29/13
to mobileorg-android
Alrighty folks... really sorry about that one slipping in.  0.9.12 is on its way to the play store now and it should fix everything up for you.   Let me know if you run into any more problems.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:54 AM, <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I have the same problem with crashing whenever I try to Capture with the new version of MobileOrg. My phone is a Galaxy Note (SGH-I717M) with Andriod 4.0.4. I sent a report; hope it helps.

Thanks for all your hard work on this software. I use Capture every day.

Timothy Aldrich

Jul 30, 2013, 8:24:48 AM7/30/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
thank you ! that fixed it for me

-tim

jba...@ualberta.ca

Oct 23, 2013, 2:06:13 PM10/23/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to respond back in July: As you said, the issue was fixed for me as well with 0.9.12. Thank you for all your hard work on this software! I use it every day.