How to use the new Google Now capture feature

Timothy Aldrich

Aug 7, 2013, 3:56:26 PM8/7/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I see that the 0.9.13 update adds capture with Google Now... Can you tell me how to use this new functionality ?

-Tim

Matthew Jones

Aug 7, 2013, 7:37:55 PM8/7/13
to mobileorg-android
The typical use case for this is to tell Google Now.... "note to self".   I think there are other phrases that mean pretty much the same thing, but this is the use case that it was tested with.

When you say it and then whatever you speak in the note to self option Now will then ask you what program you want to open.  Now normally it will send the transcription and the audio to that program but since we can't really do anything with the raw audio we just put the transcription itself into the capture interface.

Let me know how you like it.... credit for the addition goes to https://github.com/Denommus who did the legwork for it.

Timothy Aldrich

Aug 7, 2013, 10:04:09 PM8/7/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
That is AMAZING ! Thank you very much ...

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:37:55 PM UTC-4, Matthew Jones wrote:
The typical use case for this is to tell Google Now.... "note to self".   I think there are other phrases that mean pretty much the same thing, but this is the use case that it was tested with.

When you say it and then whatever you speak in the note to self option Now will then ask you what program you want to open.  Now normally it will send the transcription and the audio to that program but since we can't really do anything with the raw audio we just put the transcription itself into the capture interface.

Let me know how you like it.... credit for the addition goes to https://github.com/Denommus who did the legwork for it.

Eric Fraga

Oct 26, 2013, 11:47:17 AM10/26/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to change how a "note to self" is formatted for capture?  The problem right now is that it creates a headline with the text "note to self" which is a link and the link contents are the actual text spoken.  This is rather clumsy.  I don't mind the note to self  heading but I would prefer the contents to be actual contents of the healdline, not a link.

Just a thought...

In any case, I'm having fun playing with Google Now and MobileOrg.  Quite an intriguing combination.  It did take me a while to figure out how to get Google Now to cooperate: it turns out that it only works if you have US English as the language, not UK English.  No idea why.