I see nothing

brett.p...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2013, 9:42:05 PM8/15/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
To quote Schultz, "I see nothing". I've installed the donate version of mobileorg and the other, and after syncing, all I see in the agenda view are empty bars. I've try installing and uninstalling to no avail.

The only unusual thing I can think of at the moment is that the only items in my current agenda are items from emails diary/calendar. But they show up in the agendas.org file created in my Dropbox/MobileOrg folder, so I assume that they should show up in mobileorg.

Guido Arnold

Aug 16, 2013, 6:56:28 AM8/16/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Am Freitag, 16. August 2013 03:42:05 UTC+2 schrieb (unbekannt):
> To quote Schultz, "I see nothing". I've installed the donate version of mobileorg and the other, and after syncing, all I see in the agenda view are empty bars. I've try installing and uninstalling to no avail.
>
> The only unusual thing I can think of at the moment is that the only items in my current agenda are items from emails diary/calendar. But they show up in the agendas.org file created in my Dropbox/MobileOrg folder, so I assume that they should show up in mobileorg.

I saw a similar question on the org-mode list in April. Here it is:

On 8 April 2013 03:20, James Harkins wrote:
> Marcin Borkowski writes:
>
>> > 2. When I choose the menu and then "Outline", I can see the outline.
>> > But when I choose menu and then "Agenda", I see nothing but the
>> > title ("Agenda") and a "plus" button in the upper right corner.
>> >
>> > (a) Shouldn't there be an agenda on the screen?
>
> No, not yet. This is a new feature, in which you define agenda views in
> MobileOrg, and MobileOrg will refresh those agendas dynamically based on its
> own database. You'll see your MobileOrg edits immediately, without syncing
> back to emacs. (This also means John's guess about choosing agenda views to
> push from emacs is not correct. "Pushed" agendas appear under the Agendas
> heading in the outline. Dynamic agendas are separate.)
>
> If you don't define dynamic agendas within MobileOrg, then the list of
> available dynamic agendas would be empty. What's missing is explanatory text
> onscreen.
>
> This feature indeed has some serious bugs in the currently released version
> (beta, btw -- pre-1.0) but I just saw a notice on the MobileOrg Android
> mailing list that a fix was just checked into the source repository.

Does this help?

Greetings,

Guido

Brett Presnell

Aug 16, 2013, 11:05:56 AM8/16/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Guido Arnold
I don't see anything other than "Agenda Views" when I choose "Outline" from the menu.

I forgot to mention that I'm running this on an HTC One running Android 4.1.2. I also tried it on a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet, also running Android 4.1.2.

brett.p...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2013, 6:17:22 PM8/20/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
So no one can offer any help on what should be a pretty basic problem?

Matthew Jones

Aug 20, 2013, 11:29:23 PM8/20/13
to mobileorg-android
We had an issue open on this a while back:

Can you try Henning's solution there?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM, <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
So no one can offer any help on what should be a pretty basic problem?

Brett Presnell

Aug 21, 2013, 8:41:50 AM8/21/13
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Matthew Jones
When I turn on combine-block-agendas I just see two dividing lines on the agenda screen.  With it off, I see several empty bars (outlines of narrow rectangles with rounded corners) across the screen.  No content in either case.

Henning Weiss

Aug 21, 2013, 12:53:54 PM8/21/13
to mobileorg-android
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM, mobileorg-android <mobileor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
When I turn on combine-block-agendas I just see two dividing lines on the agenda screen.  With it off, I see several empty bars (outlines of narrow rectangles with rounded corners) across the screen.  No content in either case.

Have you been able to sync other files than agendas.org? A screenshot would be helpful and the contents of a minimal agendas.org file that reproduces the problem would be very helpful.

Also keep in mind that the "agendas view" does not use your agendas.org file to generate its content. Instead you have to configure it by pressing the "+" actionbar button to add new entries. You can change current entries by long-clicking on them.

Henning