org-mobile-pull does not reflect new items. Inbox file never gets appended properly

1maom...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2013, 3:56:26 PM8/29/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Spoke too soon, I guess. Edits are not getting back to the computer.

Vars:

; these seem okay
; org-mobile-files points to org-agenda-files and "/home/user/mobileorg/"
(setq org-mobile-directory "/home/user/mobileorg/out/")
(setq org-directory "/home/user/mobileorg/")

; this file never seems to get appended with the mobileorg.org contents despite what the org config window claims
(setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull "/home/user/mobileorg/in/inbox.org")
; this variable seems to be ignored, checksums end up in org-mobile-directory
(setq org-mobile-checksum-files "/home/user/mobileorg/checksums.dat")

MobileOrg on the android phone successfully completes sync, and updates org-mobile-directory/mobileorg.org with all my edits. Incidentally this is also the file described by variable 'org-mobile-capture-file'.

According to the org-mobile customization group:
During the execution of `org-mobile-pull', the file
`org-mobile-capture-file' will be emptied it's contents have
been appended to the file given here. This file should be in
`org-directory', and not in the staging area or on the web server.

I can't parse that sentence for grammar, but does that mean that org-mobile-inbox-for-pull should be updated with with the contents of org-mobile-capture-file, then org-mobile-capture-file should be cleared, and finally, my edits should process properly? Because that's not what's happening.

1maom...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 3:38:46 AM8/30/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Fixed. The staging directory must not be inside the org-directory if the mobile-org-files variable is a directory, because then it will recurse into that directory and assume all of the changes have been committed there, concluding that there is nothing to be done.

Solution:

Changed vars as follows:
(setq org-mobile-directory "/home/user/staging/")
(setq org-mobile-checksum-files "/home/user/staging/checksums.dat")

James Hughes

Sep 3, 2013, 10:52:36 AM9/3/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Can you elaborate on your original problem and how you solved it, please? Currently I am still having troubles with mobileorg. I am able to make changes on my macbook using aquamacs and I can push those changes to mobileorg using the dropbox sync function.

However, when I make changes on my android by adding nodes, and then I sync mobileorg, and then I perform org-mobile-pull on my mac, I get no changes.

Thanks.