syncing from Lollipop device fails

wegnav

Feb 26, 2015, 7:28:37 AM2/26/15
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Great Tool, I use it for years!! However:

Last weekend I upgraded my unrooted Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 5.0.2. Today I noticed, that ssh syncing fails. I suspect this is related to Lollipop, any similar experience out there?
[My version is 0.9.13, and I don't do background syncing, only manually by hitting the button - worked seamlessly up to now.]

This is the only seemingly useful what I found by searching for
Lollipop & Mobileorg: http://blog.fabianwohlgemuth.de/tag/mobileorg/
it seems to require rooting the device, which I don't want to do. Are there any other workarounds?

Regards

-- wegnav

Eric S Fraga

Feb 26, 2015, 7:45:54 AM2/26/15
to wegnav via mobileorg-android, mobileor...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 26 Feb 2015 at 04:28, wegnav via mobileorg-android wrote:
> Great Tool, I use it for years!! However:
>
> Last weekend I upgraded my unrooted Nexus 7 (2013) to Android
> 5.0.2. Today I noticed, that ssh syncing fails. I suspect this is
> related to Lollipop, any similar experience out there?

I've been using mobileOrg on my Nexus 4 for quite a while. I upgraded
to Lollipop a month or two ago (whenever it came out) and have had no
problems syncing. However, I am using dropbox as the medium of
synchronisation.

Just a data point which I realise probably won't help you at
all. Sorry!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-843-ga5f1a3.dirty

wegnav

Feb 27, 2015, 8:21:47 AM2/27/15
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for the reply. Yes, maybe it fails only with ssh, not by other ways of syncing.
I did'nt try other syncing ways so far, and in fact I hesitate to use Dropbox because of some sensible data in my org-files.
Need to set up encryption before.

BTW:
The Stack trace after crashing says, a ClassNotFoundException was raised by not finding class 'org.ietf.jgss.Oid' on the path.
And, interestingly, the first entry in the searched path is "/data/app/com.matburt.mobileorg-1/base.apk".
I wonder about the trailing "...-1", like a non-clean deinstall and reinstall (which I did in my desparation...).

If this reminds you of something helpful, please let me know!

Charles Philip Chan

Feb 27, 2015, 9:21:18 AM2/27/15
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
On 26 Feb 2015,
mobileorg-android+APn2wQf2WsIaTf...@googlegroups.com
wrote:

> Last weekend I upgraded my unrooted Nexus 7 (2013) to Android
> 5.0.2. Today I noticed, that ssh syncing fails. I suspect this is
> related to Lollipop, any similar experience out there?
> [My version is 0.9.13, and I don't do background syncing, only
> manually by hitting the button - worked seamlessly up to now.]

I am using unrooted Nexus 7 2013 with Lollipop and I have no problems
syncing via ssh.

Charles

--
"All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory..."
(By Larry Wall)