Agenda and Outline on menu

J. David Boyd

Dec 21, 2012, 12:41:04 AM12/21/12
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
What are these supposed to do (without me getting all the code and reading it), please?

And the top status bar, what is the left spinning circle representing?   I know if I push the circular arrows, they turn into a spinning circle, and synch with my Dropbox folder, but what does the left spinning circle represent when I start MobileOrg?

James Harkins

Dec 21, 2012, 7:30:03 AM12/21/12
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss

On Dec 21, 2012 1:41 PM, "J. David Boyd via mobileorg-android" <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> What are these supposed to do (without me getting all the code and reading it), please?

Try them? Well, more seriously, whenever I've tapped on Outline, it's gone to the top level view. That was more relevant in older versions, which didn't have the current expanding outline behavior. Whether that's what it's supposed to do, I've no idea.

Agenda is new: dynamic agendas, where MobileOrg will refresh the agenda's content instead of merely displaying the static agendas that your computer generated during org-mobile-push. Mark it "done" on your phone, and the phone's dynamic agenda will stop showing it immediately, where the old-style agendas would require syncing with the computer to refresh.  I've been waiting for that feature for the 5 months I've been using MobileOrg :)  and others have been waiting longer.

> And the top status bar, what is the left spinning circle representing?   I know if I push the circular arrows, they turn into a spinning circle, and synch with my Dropbox folder, but what does the left spinning circle represent when I start MobileOrg?

I think it's a bug, or if not that, then something untidy that should be cleaned up. I can discern no useful purpose for it. (I'm kind of convinced that this should be among the top 5 interface design rules: never ever put something in the interface if its purpose is not immediately obvious and you're not prepared to explain it. No matter how trivial it seems, somebody will think it means something is broken otherwise.)

hjh

Henning Weiss

Dec 21, 2012, 1:29:42 PM12/21/12
to mobileorg-android on behalf of J. David Boyd
Hi,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 6:41 AM, J. David Boyd via mobileorg-android <mobileorg-android+noreply-APn2wQ...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
And the top status bar, what is the left spinning circle representing?   I know if I push the circular arrows, they turn into a spinning circle, and synch with my Dropbox folder, but what does the left spinning circle represent when I start MobileOrg?

Are you referring to an additional "spinning circle" symbol that is always visible? This seems like a bug that doesn't seem to show up on any of my devices. What Android version are you using? Could you provide a screenshot?

Henning

James Harkins

Dec 21, 2012, 8:02:39 PM12/21/12

On Dec 22, 2012 2:29 AM, "mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss" <mobileor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Are you referring to an additional "spinning circle" symbol that is always visible? This seems like a bug that doesn't seem to show up on any of my devices. What Android version are you using? Could you provide a screenshot?

Yes, I have the same issue on two devices:

- Samsung phone running Gingerbread (2.3.6). Here, the circle keeps spinning indefinitely (attached).

- Asus transformer pad running Jelly Bean (4.1.1). The circle spins for awhile but eventually stops. (Possibly related to CPU capacity? The tablet has a zippier CPU than my phone.)

Note, I wasn't syncing when I took the screenshot. I just opened MobileOrg.

hjh

SC20121222-085434.png

basilio

Dec 22, 2012, 7:14:00 AM12/22/12
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all!
I can confirm this issue on LG Optimus One (P500) running Gingerbread.

22.12.2012 03:02, mobileorg-android on behalf of hjh пишет:
> On Dec 22, 2012 2:29 AM, "mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss"
> <mobileor...@googlegroups.com

Melleus

Jan 6, 2014, 4:09:07 PM1/6/14
to mobileorg-android on behalf of hjh

<mobileorg-android-/JYPxA39Uh5...@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I think it's a bug, or if not that, then something untidy that should
> be cleaned up.

The spinning circle when starting mobileorg definitely is a bug. I got
it on my LG Optimus under Android 2.x and it's completely gone with
Android 4.x. Downgrading to 2.x (I didn't like the way 4.x branch works
on my phone) I got the spinning wheel back again. I wish it were the
most serious bug in mobileorg -|:)