How to use calendar assimiation

Julien Cubizolles

Sep 4, 2013, 11:23:49 AM9/4/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
I still haven't found the right way to synchronize MobileOrg and my
android calendar. I want to assimilate entries from the android calendar
to org but:

* if I don't use "Delete on assimilation", entries from the android
calendar get to my org inbox file, and if I refile them in one of my
org files used for the agenda, they will be duplicated in the android
agenda next time I run pull push and sync, right ?

* if I use "Delete on assimilation" on a repeating entry of the android
calendar, the entry will make its way back to it through pull push and
sync but without the repeating timestamps since it's still not
working.

The only thing I can think of is using another android calendar distinct
from the one synced by Mobile Org for repeating items. Is there another
way ?

Julien.

Henning Weiss

Sep 5, 2013, 5:47:41 AM9/5/13
to mobileorg-android
Hi Julien,

the best way to fix this is probably to implement support for calendar entries with repeating timestamps. We currently have an open ticket on the issue tracker covering this. I think having two separate android calendars is the best way to go for now.

Henning

Julien Cubizolles

Sep 5, 2013, 9:21:45 AM9/5/13
to mobileor...@googlegroups.com
mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss
<mobileor...@googlegroups.com> writes:

> Hi Julien,
>
> the best way to fix this is probably to implement support for calendar
> entries with repeating timestamps. We currently have an open ticket on the
> issue tracker covering this. I think having two separate android calendars
> is the best way to go for now.

Okay, I'll stick to my setup then.

Am I right in assuming the following behavior (regardless of the
repeating stuff)
>> * if I use "Delete on assimilation" on a repeating entry of the android
>> calendar, the entry will make its way back to it through pull push and
>> sync

Julien.