WebDAV permissions, advice?

James Harkins

Apr 25, 2014, 11:40:25 PM4/25/14
to mobileorg-android on behalf of Henning Weiss

I had been doing MobileOrg sync by WebDAV over my home wifi router... until my old computer broke. Now I'm setting everything up on a new machine. There, pushing updates from the computer to MobileOrg is working fine, but my phone can't send captures to the computer. Syncing while there are pending captures gives an error for the URL http://ip.address/webdav/mobileorg.org, no further details.

If I put the URL into the phone's browser, it reads fine. So I've got read permission but no write permission. The file has rw permission for user, group and other; user is www-data and group is my user group, per Ubuntu's wiki page on configuring apache WebDAV.

Does anyone have experience with this? I thought I had mirrored my old setup, but I'm missing some detail and don't know where to look.

Thanks,
hjh

James Harkins

Apr 26, 2014, 3:07:44 AM4/26/14
to mobileorg-android
On Saturday, 26 April 2014 11:40:25 HKT, James Harkins wrote:
> If I put the URL into the phone's browser, it reads fine. So I've got
read
> permission but no write permission. The file has rw permission for user,
> group and other; user is www-data and group is my user group, per
Ubuntu's
> wiki page on configuring apache WebDAV.

And... never mind, problem solved. I had omitted the authentication
configuration, which includes the important keywords "DAV On" -- now that's
in place, and syncing captures is working as it should.

Sorry for noise.

hjh